This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is not meant as an attack...

#51TheLesserFaithXPosted 8/12/2011 1:49:23 PM
The God of the Bible didn't create life.

The ancient, chief Egyptian God Osiris did.

See how easy that was?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.8
#52mercuryinkPosted 8/12/2011 2:11:32 PM
It's a profoundly vague statement though. It doesn't delve heavily into details, which was my point (actually, it was what I said, practically verbatim), because that's not the story being told. All of creation is handled in about a page or so, because "how the universe was made" is not the purpose of the story being told.
---
Some people are proof that G-d exists; evolution would have prevented them.
New Jersey Devils -- Stanley Cup Champions -- 1995-2000-2003
#53bratt100(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 5:30:16 PM
_Falstaff posted...

This doesn't prove anything besides the fact that we know how to create life. If you are religious it can reinforce the idea that we were made in the image of God and thus are able to imitate God is some aspects, which is the opinion I take. If you are irreligious, it can reinforce the idea that God is not required for life to begin, which is the opinion you ascribe to.

it actually means that conditions for creating life are on earth today however controlled at the moment. We as human beings can create life and we aren't jumping to spagetti monsters for an explanation. Plus we did it in a few years where it took 1.5 billion for it to happen naturally.
---
Thanks He-man
#54bratt100(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 5:34:42 PM
OrangeWizard posted...

If what you say is true, which I doubt, it being a special case and all:

People look for this layer under the guise that the earth was created 6000 years ago. This is not true. They are looking for the layer in the wrong places.

Even if you go deep you don't find the flood layer. It simply isn't there and what I say is true.
---
Thanks He-man
#55OrangeWizardPosted 8/12/2011 6:02:17 PM

Even if you go deep you don't find the flood layer. It simply isn't there and what I say is true.

Thank you, expert geologist.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#56mrtzeentchPosted 8/13/2011 5:49:52 PM
Look at it from another angle TC: science hasn't proven the existance of God. but it hasn't disproven it either. That's the bottom line. And not all religious people avoid science, go outside and visit the real world. In fact some of the greatest scientists in history were devoutly religious. Isaac Newwton comes to mind.
---
The GameFAQs Message Boards: You can't make this **** up.