This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ATTN: Jews and Judaism experts - Question concerning pre-Genesis conditions

#1SuibomPosted 8/13/2011 7:31:03 AM
I'm looking for any Jewish tradition/doctrine dealing with a list of figures, events, locations, and conditions that existed before Genesis 1:1.

Thanks.
---
If honor be your clothing, the suit will last a lifetime; but if clothing be your honor, it will soon be worn threadbare.~ William Arnot
#2OrangeWizardPosted 8/13/2011 11:45:03 AM
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

What could there have possibly have been before that?
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#3Suibom(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2011 2:52:57 PM(edited)
OrangeWizard posted...
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

What could there have possibly have been before that?

What's your interpretation of 2 Peter 3?

Why was there water covering the earth in Genesis 1?

At what point did Lucifer and 1/3 of the angels rebel against God, and find themselves cast out, now Satan and his demons? And to whom was his falling such a spectacle referred to in the OT prophets?

How do reconcile the fossil record which, according to carbon dating, has animals on the earth millions of years before us?

Any thoughts on there having been an earth filled with angels, living amongst dinosaurs, from which Lucifer lead an angelic rebellion ("I will ascend into Heaven..."), was thrown down to earth, cursed, and ending an "Old Earth" era with the entire earth's population destroyed under a flood of water, upon the face of which the Spirit of God hovered before He recreated the earth?
---
If honor be your clothing, the suit will last a lifetime; but if clothing be your honor, it will soon be worn threadbare.~ William Arnot
#4Dathrowed1Posted 8/13/2011 3:12:10 PM
TC, Lucifer refers to the Kings of Babylon during the Jewish exile.
---
sig
#5Suibom(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2011 3:16:05 PM
Dathrowed1 posted...
TC, Lucifer refers to the Kings of Babylon during the Jewish exile.

I've heard that before. How do you explain God's response then that he was cast from Heaven to the earth?
---
#6CIA911Posted 8/13/2011 3:57:45 PM
Satan is spiritually the King of Babylon.
---
-JESUS
SAVES
#7bsballa09Posted 8/13/2011 4:19:21 PM
I like how he asks for Jews and Judaism experts, and we get JW's lol.
---
GameFAQs: Where asking a question about PS3 trophies on the PS3 board is considered off topic.
#8Dathrowed1Posted 8/13/2011 4:24:03 PM
bsballa09 posted...

I was only responding to his error.
---
sig
#9Suibom(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2011 4:37:47 PM
bsballa09 posted...

XD
---
#10CIA911Posted 8/13/2011 5:10:21 PM
I was only responding to his error.

You didn't respond to his error.
---
-JESUS
SAVES