This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Christians, what if I told you that...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Christians, what if I told you that...
5 years ago#1
When I want to die, I want everything to go all black.
I don't want to see Jesus.
I don't want to be tried for my crimes.
I don't want to hear/see/feel God's presence.
I just want everything to go all black.
The thought of being judged by some omnipresent/omniscient being is quite terrifying.
5 years ago#2
I'd respond with, "I believe you're wrong."
If honor be your clothing, the suit will last a lifetime; but if clothing be your honor, it will soon be worn threadbare.~ William Arnot
5 years ago#3
He's wrong that he prefers that over your own view of the afterlife?
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.
5 years ago#4
Well I want an eternal dream or reincarnation with memories intact or at least a waiting area between reincarnations. Just because I believe in Heaven and Hell doesn't mean I like either one of them.
"I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have." -- Leonardo da Vinci
5 years ago#5
So you're afraid that you haven't led a just life and will be judged harshly? You would rather there be no judgement then risk being judged harshly. Yea, that thought is nothing new.
"Something's wrong! Murder isn't working and that's all we're good at." ~Futurama
5 years ago#6
Silviiro posted...
Well I want an eternal dream or reincarnation with memories intact or at least a waiting area between reincarnations. Just because I believe in Heaven and Hell doesn't mean I like either one of them.

So, you want to not die, basically.
Pun is top 10 of all time. You can tell he ate a lot of mc's. -- Moogle Hunter
5 years ago#7
If you told me that, I would say that what you want to happen is irrelevant to what is going to happen.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
5 years ago#8
So, you want to not die, basically.

I want to not die but I also want to change. To retain perspective gained and add new perspective to it. An eternity of nothing changing seems pretty dull to me.
"I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have." -- Leonardo da Vinci
5 years ago#9
I don't like the Christian perspective on death and judgment.
At all.
But I also think the idea of immortality beyond this world is just..it's f****** sick. Who wants to live forever?
:(
This world has been enough. I don't want to go through anything after this.
Now to change the topic, how are all of you faring with the weather? A hurricane is headed up this way.
5 years ago#10
Those who think that living forever is undesirable lack imagination.
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. Christians, what if I told you that...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived