This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Christians, what if I told you that...

#1JuliaGillardPosted 8/27/2011 5:02:38 AM
When I want to die, I want everything to go all black.
I don't want to see Jesus.
I don't want to be tried for my crimes.
I don't want to hear/see/feel God's presence.
I just want everything to go all black.
The thought of being judged by some omnipresent/omniscient being is quite terrifying.
#2SuibomPosted 8/27/2011 5:13:56 AM
I'd respond with, "I believe you're wrong."
---
If honor be your clothing, the suit will last a lifetime; but if clothing be your honor, it will soon be worn threadbare.~ William Arnot
#3OzymandiasIVPosted 8/27/2011 8:08:59 AM(edited)
He's wrong that he prefers that over your own view of the afterlife?

---
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.
#4SilviiroPosted 8/27/2011 9:17:38 AM(edited)
Well I want an eternal dream or reincarnation with memories intact or at least a waiting area between reincarnations. Just because I believe in Heaven and Hell doesn't mean I like either one of them.
---
"I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have." -- Leonardo da Vinci
#5bfslick50Posted 8/27/2011 10:01:27 AM
So you're afraid that you haven't led a just life and will be judged harshly? You would rather there be no judgement then risk being judged harshly. Yea, that thought is nothing new.
---
"Something's wrong! Murder isn't working and that's all we're good at." ~Futurama
#6NsM ComatosisPosted 8/27/2011 10:59:43 AM
Silviiro posted...
Well I want an eternal dream or reincarnation with memories intact or at least a waiting area between reincarnations. Just because I believe in Heaven and Hell doesn't mean I like either one of them.

So, you want to not die, basically.
---
Pun is top 10 of all time. You can tell he ate a lot of mc's. -- Moogle Hunter
#7OrangeWizardPosted 8/27/2011 11:16:28 AM
If you told me that, I would say that what you want to happen is irrelevant to what is going to happen.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#8SilviiroPosted 8/27/2011 11:22:28 AM
So, you want to not die, basically.

I want to not die but I also want to change. To retain perspective gained and add new perspective to it. An eternity of nothing changing seems pretty dull to me.
---
"I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have." -- Leonardo da Vinci
#9JuliaGillard(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2011 12:20:53 PM
I don't like the Christian perspective on death and judgment.
At all.
But I also think the idea of immortality beyond this world is just..it's f****** sick. Who wants to live forever?
:(
This world has been enough. I don't want to go through anything after this.
Now to change the topic, how are all of you faring with the weather? A hurricane is headed up this way.
#10OrangeWizardPosted 8/27/2011 12:43:35 PM
Those who think that living forever is undesirable lack imagination.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops