This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do some Christians believe that everything from Pokemon to Obama is satanic?

#1DiranosaurPosted 8/28/2011 11:30:40 AM
There are barely any theistic satanists, and most of those who claim to be are actually just black metal kids. Barely anyone has worshipped Satan throughout history. It has just been pagan gods that Christians called Satan because they were different from the Christian God.

(Also, notice that I wrote "some" and not "all". Most Christians don't believe that everything is satanic.)
---
My folk band - http://barfota.bandcamp.com/
Mandolin - Flute - Bouzouki/Nyckelharpa - Guitar
#2Burning_WolfXPosted 8/28/2011 11:35:28 AM
Pokemon is satanic because it espouses evolution. Obama is satanic because he's waaaayyyy far left and has said some not-so-nice things about Christianity, while praising Islam.

Not that I believe either of the above two statements, of course.
---
Proud member of the Valiant Brawlers. Brawl code: 3050-9471-7656
Currently playing: Brawl, Okami
#3Icymane_ShadoPosted 8/28/2011 11:41:37 AM
Some Christians? Just like how some atheists think we should murder all followers of the Judeo-Christian faiths?
---
"When it's grown-up time and there are serious decisions to be made, you're supposed to leave god at the door." - squareandrare, a true Atheist
#4OzymandiasIVPosted 8/28/2011 11:44:06 AM

From: Icymane_Shado | Posted: 8/28/2011 2:41:37 PM | #003
Some Christians? Just like how some atheists think we should murder all followers of the Judeo-Christian faiths?

Wait, what exactly are you disagreeing with?
---
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.
#5NsM ComatosisPosted 8/28/2011 11:47:17 AM
They believe in this nonsense for the same reason they believe the earth is only 6000 years old and that Noah really managed to fit every single living organism in his ark (including all organisms that have since become extinct.) i.e. they'll believe anything.

Name me any atheist who has ever said this.

*waits for the usual Hitler/Stalin combo*
---
Pun is top 10 of all time. You can tell he ate a lot of mc's. -- Moogle Hunter
#6OrnitierIXPosted 8/28/2011 11:58:10 AM
Burning_WolfX posted...
Obama is satanic because he's waaaayyyy far left

Oh man, I'd like to see their reaction if we ever elected a real leftist.
---
If only I could relieve my hunger by vigorously rubbing my belly...
#7OrangeWizardPosted 8/28/2011 12:28:24 PM

There are barely any theistic satanists, and most of those who claim to be are actually just black metal kids. Barely anyone has worshipped Satan throughout history. It has just been pagan gods that Christians called Satan because they were different from the Christian God.

Everything that is "From Satan" is "satanic", so, depending on what you think, evolution could be "satanic" and so can whatever Obama is.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#8fudrickPosted 8/28/2011 12:48:24 PM
Icymane_Shado posted...

I'm pretty sure it's more common for christians to say something like "that's the devil's music!" than it is for atheists to encourage the murder of all theists. Probably millions of times as common.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#9SilviiroPosted 8/28/2011 1:09:31 PM(edited)
Because they can't understand it, you always fear what you can't understand, and they also fear Satan so they associate the two. What I find funny is that the early Metal was fairly pro-Christian and the Black Metal and such popped up after they accused it of being Satanic. I guess if you build it they will come
---
"I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have." -- Leonardo da Vinci
#10ledzepfan15Posted 8/28/2011 1:37:38 PM
Obama is satanic because he's waaaayyyy far left
Not even close. He's more moderate than anything.

and has said some not-so-nice things about Christianity, while praising Islam.
What are some of the things he's said?
---
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro