This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what is God?

#1RetrotasticPosted 8/28/2011 3:27:48 PM
I don't mean what are his attributes, abilities or powers just what is he meant to be? We're assuming he does in fact exist for the purposes of this question before anyone says "a fairytale".
#2IwantedzeroPosted 8/28/2011 3:34:25 PM
Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no m...

Oh sorry, I read the topic title wrong.
---
Live long, be happy, and try to ensure those around you do as well.
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/615/zeropoem.jpg
#3ArcticMtnWolfPosted 8/28/2011 3:41:39 PM
Hehe, love. Iwantedzero, that was awesome!
---
RPG Cliches #13. The Higher The Hair, The Closer To God (Cloud Rule)
The more outrageous his hairstyle, the more important a male character is to the story.
#4OrangeWizardPosted 8/28/2011 3:48:48 PM

just what is he meant to be?

The sentient, intelligent, creator of the universe. Isn't that enough?
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#5FlashOfLightPosted 8/28/2011 4:03:00 PM
Greatest
Omnipotent
Deity

But, technically speaking, by his own description, within his own book (as per the Bible of course), he is the creator of all things, visible and invisible, the knower of all things - past, present, and future, and the determiner of all things that were, are, and will be, and Spirit that has all power, will, and authority over all things.
---
I'm on the internet, I'm not real!
#6Retrotastic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2011 2:05:13 AM(edited)
OrangeWizard posted...
just what is he meant to be?
The sentient, intelligent, creator of the universe. Isn't that enough?

That's just a description of an attribute he has and something he did its not a definition of what he is meant to be.

FlashOfLight posted...
Greatest
Omnipotent
Deity

But, technically speaking, by his own description, within his own book (as per the Bible of course), he is the creator of all things, visible and invisible, the knower of all things - past, present, and future, and the determiner of all things that were, are, and will be, and Spirit that has all power, will, and authority over all things.

This is just a list of things he can do it still isn't a definition of what God actually is.
#7OrangeWizardPosted 8/29/2011 4:56:32 AM

That's just a description of an attribute he has and something he did its not a definition of what he is meant to be.

How is "Creator of the universe" an attribute?

That's something you mark on your resume, not an attribute. Also, what do you mean "what he is meant to be"?
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
#8Retrotastic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2011 5:01:50 AM
OrangeWizard posted...

How is "Creator of the universe" an attribute?

That's something you mark on your resume, not an attribute. Also, what do you mean "what he is meant to be"?

Creating the universe counts as something God did it still doesn't define what God actually is.
#9OrangeWizardPosted 8/29/2011 5:03:21 AM

what God actually is.

God IS the creator of the universe.

What more do you want?
---
#10ledzepfan15Posted 8/29/2011 5:32:04 AM
God IS the creator of the universe.

What more do you want?

Which god?
---
"If you think, you are late. If you are late, you use strength. If you use strength, you tire. And if you tire, you die." - Saulo Ribeiro