This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Christians, If we go to heaven are we the same person?

#1mystic belmontPosted 8/28/2011 7:13:21 PM
Or are we changed?
---
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]
#2CIA911Posted 8/28/2011 7:19:01 PM(edited)
If you are in Heaven, you will have your body changed into a perfect incorruptible body, but you will still be you, as in, you will have the identity you did here on earth. Just as Moses and Elijah did.

---
Job 38:4 - Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
#3OrangeWizardPosted 8/28/2011 7:18:47 PM

If you are in Heaven, you will have your body changed into perfect incorruptible bodies, but you will still be you. Just as Moses and Elijah were.

You forgot to add: "Even though all your memories and experiences will be gone"
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops
#4CIA911Posted 8/28/2011 7:20:30 PM
You forgot to add: "Even though all your memories and experiences will be gone"

But that wasn't the question. He said same person. And you will be the same person, just as you are the same person if you hit your head and wake up with complete amnesia and can't remember anything. But God says you will still be you.
---
Job 38:4 - Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
#5OrangeWizardPosted 8/28/2011 7:23:02 PM
That may very well be the question.

Do your experiences and memories make up who you are? Not to you, maybe. To him, it might be.
That's crucial information that's worth mentioning.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
#6mystic belmont(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2011 7:24:33 PM
If my experiences and memories are wiped, than I am a different person (to me).
---
Again I must reiterate that I did not plagiarize twice, I copied two assignments once. - tuffguy34
[Evil Republican]
#7OrangeWizardPosted 8/28/2011 7:25:12 PM
HA! See!
---
#8CIA911Posted 8/28/2011 7:27:51 PM
If my experiences and memories are wiped, than I am a different person (to me).

Well then even though you will still have whatever your name is...then I guess by your definition, you are a different person. I'm not sure if you will have the same personality as you do though, God isn't specific about that. I suppose he's capable of doing it despite you not remembering your life here, but I'd rather not pretend to know that,
---
#9CIA911Posted 8/28/2011 7:48:32 PM
HA! See!

*pets you on the head. Good job.
---
#10mystic belmont(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2011 7:50:24 PM
If I don't remember who I am or my memories, am I the same person? Does it matter if I go to heaven if I don't remember what I learned while on Earth?
---
[Evil Republican]