This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do *YOU* know if God exists?

#61lorddrago88(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2011 6:23:01 AM
RollTide36526 posted...
Lorddrago...stop ranting. The only TRUE intelligent conclusion for ANYONE is to say "we don't know."

- Tell that to the Christians.

Because we don't. We can't say for certain "god exists." We can't say for certain "god does not exist." Claiming you have loopholed evidence that god does not exist makes you sound like a hypocrite. And ignorant.

-Loopholed evidence?

You seem to think you're a logical thinker. And logically you don't know if god exists or not. You BELIEVE he doesn't. But you can't say for sure. Just like someone who says he does can't say for sure. A wise man stays on the fence about this one. Or just doesn't talk about it.

- A very honest answer. I like it. For all intents and purposes, if I have never encountered God and no one else has encountered God and there is nothing to show that there is no God (a Book stating so isn't evidence) then I'll assume there is no God until further notice. Is that a 'logical' conclusion?
---
---If I suspect you have an agenda or have no intention of listening, I may not respond to your post. Deal with it.---
#62FlashOfLightPosted 8/31/2011 9:10:05 AM
lorddrago88 posted...
FlashOfLight posted...
- Because people lie and cheat.

- The Bible is not proof in any sense of the word. You can not prove that God wrote it or that it belongs to God in any sense without first proving he exists.

- Nice agenda you have there. I figured you had no way to prove that God exists.

People do lie and cheat, which is why I prefer to take some's word over another group's.

It is ignorance to say it is not proof when it addresses the questions you ask, and specifically when your criteria about touching God, or seeing him does not apply to him.

By your dismissive idea of proof concerning someone who doesn't follow your standards, then I would have a hard time proving anything.
---
Make crowd happy... Let Tong Po punish you...
#63lorddrago88(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2011 12:47:56 PM
FlashOfLight posted...

People do lie and cheat, which is why I prefer to take some's word over another group's.

- And there is no way for me to know that people saying God is real are merely believing an age old lie.

It is ignorance to say it is not proof when it addresses the questions you ask, and specifically when your criteria about touching God, or seeing him does not apply to him.

- The Bible doesn't address any of my questions.

By your dismissive idea of proof concerning someone who doesn't follow your standards, then I would have a hard time proving anything.

- Such standards work in science all the time. A theory is formed, it's tested, results are examined, and others test it to ensure the validity of it. It's not complicated.
---
---If I suspect you have an agenda or have no intention of listening, I may not respond to your post. Deal with it.---
#64fudrickPosted 8/31/2011 12:54:48 PM
lorddrago88 posted...
- Such standards work in science all the time. A theory is formed, it's tested, results are examined, and others test it to ensure the validity of it. It's not complicated.

Yeah, but that's because scientists generally live in reality. You can't always expect that from christians.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#65lorddrago88(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2011 1:03:07 PM
fudrick posted...

Yeah, but that's because scientists generally live in reality. You can't always expect that from christians.

Let's be honest: we can't expect much out of them beyond whatever regurgitated thoughts they were indoctrinated with from family/church/the bible. There is no argument I could make to get them to try and bring forth evidence because they will always find a way to weasel out of it and enter their shell of denial.
---
#66FlashOfLightPosted 8/31/2011 1:18:39 PM
lorddrago88 posted...
- And there is no way for me to know that people saying God is real are merely believing an age old lie.

- The Bible doesn't address any of my questions.

If I give you a simple statement from the book you say is a lie, can you prove it wrong?
---
#67fudrickPosted 8/31/2011 1:23:04 PM
FlashOfLight posted...
If I give you a simple statement from the book you say is a lie, can you prove it wrong?

Is it not obvious that it would depend on the statement?
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#68FlashOfLightPosted 8/31/2011 2:10:25 PM
fudrick posted...
Is it not obvious that it would depend on the statement?

Not necessarily, if the book is a lie then one should have no problem disproving it.
---