This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now this beyond ridiculous...

#11Faust_8Posted 8/30/2011 12:10:40 PM
Do they have a TV?

Well BAM! They've seen gay people! Dun dun DUN!
---
Being skeptical of science is being skeptical of skepticism.
The future that we find together is greater than the assumptions of our past.
#12GuideToTheDarkPosted 8/30/2011 12:18:33 PM
That's a possibility. The mother can be ignorant of media or obsessed with her homophobia and playing darts with Sean Hayes on the board.
---
Of course the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you--if you don't play, you can't win. -- Robert Heinlein
'Would have', not 'would of'.
#13fudrickPosted 8/30/2011 12:35:21 PM
Okay so... they are imposing their "immorality" on her by existing in public at a pool (she didn't even say anything about affection here, just a lesbian couple hanging out with their baby at a pool), sitting close to each other while touching elbows and looking at each other, and rubbing each other's backs.

"We are responsible citizens. We live by the rules, we pay our taxes, we take care of our things."

Hey, guess what? The majority of the gay couples you want killed or whatever are responsible citizens that pay their taxes, live by the rules, and "take care of their things" too!

"I'm supposed to be able to influence what goes on in my community, and as a voter I do exercise that right."

Yes, but "influencing what goes on in your community" doesn't include saying "all ____ people GET THE F*** OUT!"

"I can't even go to normal places without having to sit silently and tolerate immorality."

And they can't even go to normal places without having to sit silently and tolerate a judgmental, arrogant, bigoted, holier-than-thou b**** most likely sending them constant dirty looks and internally condemning them to hell constantly, so I guess it's even.

And what's with that illegal immigrant rant? How does that have anything to do with the rest of the article? Is she trying to say "well, if we let gay people stay here, they'll get drunk and go out for a drive with a six year old in the car and run over bikers too!"

Here's an idea for this moron: get the f*** out of MASSACHUSETTS if you don't want to see gay couples! That would be like me continuing to live where I do now in Orlando, Florida and saying "OMG!! There's so many tourists here I can't even leave my house!"

Sorry, I just had to respond to some of this stuff after reading that article. Beyond ridiculous is right, and I'm not even very strongly in support of gay rights. I mean, yeah I support it, just not as vehemently as most others.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#14TheRealJiraiyaPosted 8/30/2011 12:39:05 PM
She sounds a lot like those pharisees that criticized Jesus for hanging out with "sinners".
---
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." -H.L. Mencken
#15fudrickPosted 8/30/2011 12:41:56 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
She sounds a lot like those pharisees that criticized Jesus for hanging out with "sinners".

Yes, I always find it odd the way that many christians treat those who they believe are doing immoral things or whatever, when compared to how Jesus treats them in the bible.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#16avonTPosted 8/30/2011 1:05:13 PM
"MEEEEEEEEEE" - summary of that article
---
Official Priest of the Temples of Syrinx.
#17fudrickPosted 8/30/2011 1:07:43 PM
avonT posted...
"MEEEEEEEEEE" - summary of that article

I laughed way too hard at this.
---
Best FCs: