This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Attn Kness, Dag, and anyone else with a problem with my sig >: (

#1TheRealJiraiyaPosted 8/30/2011 5:45:47 PM
I have never had rose tea, but it sounds like an abomination >: ( I make no apologies for my sig, and maintain that its food preferences are objective truth which, when disagreed with, creates a state of (heres where it gets on topic) horrible sin.
---
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." -H.L. Mencken
#2DagorhaPosted 8/30/2011 5:57:37 PM
and i attest that the tweed shirt wearing octopus (aka the GOD of God) that lives under my bed states that cabbage cannot possibly be anything but evil. It is a pain to prep and smells worst of all when it starts to go bad.
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#3TheRealJiraiya(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2011 5:59:24 PM
Dagorha posted...
and i attest that the tweed shirt wearing octopus (aka the GOD of God) that lives under my bed states that cabbage cannot possibly be anything but evil. It is a pain to prep and smells worst of all when it starts to go bad.

Rather than attacking your argument itself, Ill instead attack the source. Everyone knows tweed shirts went out of style 7 years ago in Octopia, and I refuse to take advice from an octopus with such an apparent lack of fashion.
---
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." -H.L. Mencken
#4DagorhaPosted 8/30/2011 6:03:16 PM
blasphemy!
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#5Hustle KongPosted 8/30/2011 6:22:22 PM
Anyone who has problem with a Mencken quote should be ignored.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#6SuibomPosted 8/30/2011 8:03:34 PM
How can anyone possibly hate cabbage?

Am I the only one on this board that has had the opportunity, nay, the life-changing experience, to eat a bieroch from Runza?

Cabbage, beef, cheese, wrapped in glazed dough, cooked to perfection.

I couldn't make it through that last sentence without my mouth starting to water.
---
If honor be your clothing, the suit will last a lifetime; but if clothing be your honor, it will soon be worn threadbare.~ William Arnot
#7mercuryinkPosted 8/30/2011 8:29:09 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_hip_soup

Sounds tastier than cream of broccoli.

Just saying.
---
Some people are proof that G-d exists; evolution would have prevented them.
New Jersey Devils -- Stanley Cup Champions -- 1995-2000-2003
#8_FalstaffPosted 8/30/2011 8:50:39 PM
mercuryink got to the heart of the issue here. While rose tea may taste better than cabbage soup, Mencken was clearly speaking of making a rose soup, not tea.

And as I am a fan of desserts, rose hip soup is automatically better than cabbage soup. To back this claim, take a look at the evidence:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3199/3106919895_9028ba291f.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/Rose_hip_soup.jpg
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#9_FalstaffPosted 8/30/2011 8:51:37 PM
((I'm secretly an idealist, though. Don't tell anyone.))
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#10KNessJMPosted 8/31/2011 2:01:13 AM
BLASPHEMY
---
Quote of the Week: "Sleep is a conspiracy."