This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Attn Kness, Dag, and anyone else with a problem with my sig >: (

#11KNessJMPosted 8/31/2011 2:06:57 AM
I'm not gonna take this FOOD FASCISM any more! You may define your religious beliefs via preference in soups and teas, but upon the day of reckoning, you shall be called to task for your perverse and deplorable offenses against the taste buds of THE LORD.
---
Quote of the Week: "Sleep is a conspiracy."
#12DiranosaurPosted 8/31/2011 2:45:27 AM(edited)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_hip_soup

Sounds tastier than cream of broccoli.

Just saying.

Wikipedia is lying. It's not a delicacy, it's a very basic and cheap dessert.
Nonetheless, it tastes awesome and way better than cabbage soup (though I also like cabbage soup). In fact, why don't I make some for breakfast?
---
My folk band - http://barfota.bandcamp.com/
Mandolin - Flute - Bouzouki/Nyckelharpa - Guitar
#13TheWitheredRosePosted 8/31/2011 2:45:21 AM
I love rose tea. And cabbage.

Live and let love bro. No fighting.
---
Currently playing: Hoard (PS3 download), Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (PS3), Mortal Kombat (PS3), and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PS3).
#14hunter_gohanPosted 8/31/2011 4:27:08 AM
Rose also makes an excellent sheesha flavor for some reason.
---
If you find yourself falling into madness -- dive. -Malkavian Clan Book 1st edition
We eat gods for breakfast. - Dr Egon Spengler
#15mercuryinkPosted 8/31/2011 11:54:01 AM
Wikipedia is lying. It's not a delicacy, it's a very basic and cheap dessert.

Wikipedia defines delicacy as a dish that's "considered highly desirable in certain cultures."
So ice cream is an American delicacy in that 99% of Americans probably find it enticing and/or desirable. Meanwhile, in nations that have a lot of lactose intolerants, ice cream is probably considered to be a good way to get a bellyache. Now, most Americans probably almost never see roses that aren't cut and arranged and sold by the dozen, unless you or one of your neighbors had a rose bush in the yard. To us, rose hips aren't a common ingredient, because I can almost guarantee there's more money in growing roses for Valentine's Day and anniversaries than in growing them for lunch.
---
Some people are proof that G-d exists; evolution would have prevented them.
New Jersey Devils -- Stanley Cup Champions -- 1995-2000-2003