This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bible verses that condemn interracial relationships.

#1Icymane_ShadoPosted 8/31/2011 7:57:18 AM
I'd like to see if anyone can post some.
---
"When it's grown-up time and there are serious decisions to be made, you're supposed to leave god at the door." - squareandrare, a true Atheist
#2Hustle KongPosted 8/31/2011 8:06:36 AM
I think you'd have to ask those minority of Christians that are against it. I'd be VERY surprised if we had any here.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#3X__JapanPosted 8/31/2011 8:08:35 AM
I'm not going to look up the exact verses, but I know the Curse of Ham and the stories of Phinehas, among others, were historically interpreted to justify slavery and anti-miscongenation laws, however modern day bible scholars reject said racist interpretations.
---
Pay Lay Ale, the beer Joe Smith asked for by name
#4actarusPosted 8/31/2011 8:52:21 AM
There are tons of verse that condemn interfaith relationships (relations with woman in pagan countries). But only racists are against interracial relationships.

Every Church (even my Church) was not spotless in the past. It is a shame.
The Master plan of God is to spread the Tribes in the world and bring them back in the End-time as one nation under God the Messiah.
---
Even the smallest star twinkles in the dark
#5actarusPosted 8/31/2011 9:16:50 AM(edited)
X__Japan posted...
I'm not going to look up the exact verses, but I know the Curse of Ham and the stories of Phinehas, among others, were historically interpreted to justify slavery and anti-miscongenation laws, however modern day bible scholars reject said racist interpretations.

Ham was never cursed; it was his son Canaan.(racists are bad readers)
Phinehas II (son of Eli) was just a wicked priest (The first Phinehas was a High Priest /saint)
---
Even the smallest star twinkles in the dark
#6KNessJMPosted 8/31/2011 10:42:37 AM

All because Noah got drunk off his ass and passed out naked. And Ham was the one who saw him, yet Canaan gets cursed...God sure was a jerk in those stories.
---
Quote of the Week: "Sleep is a conspiracy."
#7fudrickPosted 8/31/2011 12:10:45 PM
actarus posted...
There are tons of verse that condemn interfaith relationships (relations with woman in pagan countries). But only racists are against interracial relationships.

"Condemning interracial marriages is wrong and racist, but it's fine to do so for interfaith relationships!"
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#8FlashOfLightPosted 8/31/2011 1:32:54 PM
KNessJM posted...

All because Noah got drunk off his ass and passed out naked. And Ham was the one who saw him, yet Canaan gets cursed...God sure was a jerk in those stories.

In that same very chapter God blesses Noah's seed, so should he have ended his blessing with Noah?

That chapter covers the first generations of the people that inhabited the earth after the flood, Ham's heir was Canaan.

Reuben, Israel's firstborn was supposed to receive the right of inheritance, but it got taken away from him because he slept with his father's concubine, and his fall from favour fell on his tribe.
---
Make crowd happy... Let Tong Po punish you...
#9Icymane_Shado(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2011 4:11:21 PM
Hm? There are none?
---
"When it's grown-up time and there are serious decisions to be made, you're supposed to leave god at the door." - squareandrare, a true Atheist
#10fudrickPosted 8/31/2011 4:58:44 PM
Icymane_Shado posted...
Hm? There are none?

Well this proves the bible is 100% true!
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious