This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the christians perspective on this website?

#11Hustle KongPosted 9/3/2011 12:21:50 PM
TRJ, I was more interpreting what you said as saying that atheists didn't have much reason to pay the bible much attention. The site itself is a bit silly, and doesn't at all seem scholarly.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#12FlashOfLightPosted 9/3/2011 1:06:50 PM
I used to spend a lot of time on that site, reading the arguments they had against the Bible, and there is nothing wrong with questioning, the Bible encourages it, but the authors of this site are not interested in having any questions answered legitly or moving on past them once they are answered, or even admitting at all that the Bible does address them.

If they spent as much time trying to find the correlations in the Bible, as they did trying to find supposed contradictions, they would have had as much faith as Moses by now.
---
Make crowd happy... Let Tong Po punish you...
#13FlashOfLightPosted 9/3/2011 1:18:04 PM
Take for example their commentary on Rev 1:7

"(1:7a) "He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him." Millions have lived and died without ever seeing Jesus descend from the sky. Such an event, if it ever occurred, could only be seed by all on a flat earth.
Will Jesus' second coming be visible to all?"

This is laughable in an age of wireless internet, HD television, and Twitter and Facebook, in fact, knowing the site is indeed several years old, it was pre-all-of-those-things, so for them not to get by putting two and two together how every eye will see him, attributing it to only be possible in a flat earth, is beyond embarassing.
---
Make crowd happy... Let Tong Po punish you...
#14fudrickPosted 9/3/2011 3:12:02 PM
FlashOfLight posted...
This is laughable in an age of wireless internet, HD television, and Twitter and Facebook

jesuschrist
@everyone I'M BACK B****ES
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious