This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are there so many Illuminati conspiracy believers on the internet?

#21Ryan LewisPosted 9/5/2011 1:34:32 PM
That makes a lot of sense, you'd just think that most of the atheists who say they are atheists becuse there is no proof would not believe the world order conspiracies because of their lack of proof. But then again, compartmentalizing a part of your mind isn't strictly limited to people of faith, so I guess it's just as likely as anyone else.
---
Currently watching: Classic Doctor Who, Sons of Anarchy, Community
#22xXxCroNoxXxPosted 9/5/2011 5:16:27 PM
KNessJM posted...
In a certain way, it can be comforting to believe that this group of super-powerful people controls the world, because it instantly casts the believer into the underdog status, fighting the power and all that, and because in a way it paints the world in a rosy light. It's not that people all over the world do ****ed up things, it's just this little group of evil people, and everyone else is just being manipulated by them.

The world of the conspiracy theory believer suddenly starts to resemble the Star Wars universe, with the righteous rebels fighting against the all-powerful Empire. It creates order, and a reason for bad things happening. It eliminates much of the chaos of reality.

beautifully said
---
Fare thee well, you evidence of Jewish superiority.
-Mercuryink
#23RhymefestPosted 9/5/2011 5:29:07 PM
The G20 is real, no one seems to really question that though.
#24Ryan LewisPosted 9/6/2011 1:52:14 AM
Rhymefest posted...

The G20 is real, therefore the world is being controlled by one or a few people at the top. Seriously, why don't you even try?
---
Currently watching: Classic Doctor Who, Sons of Anarchy, Community
#25KNessJMPosted 9/6/2011 4:32:03 AM

Yeah, and so is the United Nations. Doesn't mean that either of these groups is secretly ruling the world. Powerful leaders and figureheads meet all the time.
---
Quote of the Week: "Sleep is a conspiracy."
#26FlashOfLightPosted 9/6/2011 4:43:48 AM
Eh, I think the kids just want all of those group-meetings to be more fan-accessible, like E3 and Comic-Con.
---
Make crowd happy... Let Tong Po punish you...
#27lorddrago88Posted 9/6/2011 9:18:39 AM
Boredom.
---
---If I suspect you have an agenda or have no intention of listening, I may not respond to your post. Deal with it.---