This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My church had a revival this past week.

#1GKD234Posted 9/3/2011 9:51:53 PM
Lemme just say this, I believe there is something out there, but I don't know what.

Anyway, it was the last night of the revival so im expecting him to go all out. Of course he does.

He tells the story of some preacher who was dying and was scared he was going to go to hell, he does die, and while hes dying he said "ahh im burning in hell" NUMEROUS children came up and got saved, all of them bawling their eyes out.

He then told "Wow, I just got a power message, one of you (people sitting down who were too chicken to come up to the front) will die in the next 24 hours."

It made me sick what he was doing to these people. I am a spiritual person, but this flat out made me mad.

Discuss thoughts on revivals and etc.
---
I play War Shooter: Modern War. It's the exact same as CoD but only 24 people play it online so it's better because it's not popular, just like me.
#2fudrickPosted 9/3/2011 10:09:03 PM
Well that guy definitely shouldn't have access to children.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#3TheRealJiraiyaPosted 9/3/2011 10:25:27 PM
What a scumbag.
---
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." -H.L. Mencken
#4GKD234(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2011 10:35:38 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
What a scumbag.

Can't tell if your being sarcastic or not? lol
---
I play War Shooter: Modern War. It's the exact same as CoD but only 24 people play it online so it's better because it's not popular, just like me.
#5TheRealJiraiyaPosted 9/3/2011 10:37:58 PM
GKD234 posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...
What a scumbag.

No sarcasm here. I hate this sort of thing.
---
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." -H.L. Mencken
#6fudrickPosted 9/3/2011 10:38:10 PM
GKD234 posted...

Why would that be sarcasm? Unless he was that guy, I guess.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#7GKD234(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2011 10:47:29 PM
fudrick posted...
GKD234 posted...

Why would that be sarcasm? Unless he was that guy, I guess.

I dunno, never call tell online.

I should note this was a southern baptist church.
---
#8fudrickPosted 9/3/2011 10:50:53 PM
GKD234 posted...

True, but it just seems really unlikely that that would have been sarcasm.

GKD234 posted...

Well that makes sense, they are like the worst people around.
---
Best FCs:
#9GKD234(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2011 11:13:00 PM
fudrick posted...
GKD234 posted...

True, but it just seems really unlikely that that would have been sarcasm.

GKD234 posted...

Well that makes sense, they are like the worst people around.

I claim myself Christian, but I agree with you, IMO southern baptist are not very pleasent.
---
#10the_hedonistPosted 9/3/2011 11:30:14 PM
I do agree that this guy was a scumbag, but having been raised Southern Baptist (and still sharing many beliefs), I can tell you that not all are like that.

There are many bad things it seems this guy is doing. The bottom line is that he's being manipulative.
---
Thumbs up for rock 'n' roll.
~The Christian Hedonist~