This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did Robert Wadlow's mom have sex with a fallen angel ?

#61gamesrgreatPosted 9/5/2011 3:56:29 AM
I always thought the "Sons of God" thing referred to children of Seth (the faithful) and not to fallen angels
---
The Miami Heat
#62CIA911(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2011 2:01:03 PM(edited)
I always thought the "Sons of God" thing referred to children of Seth (the faithful) and not to fallen angels

It does. Well...any person who is saved is a Son of God. Angels are not sons of God. People think they are fallen angels by misinterpreting some verses Job and possibly other places. I asked this question because I was wondering if people who believed in that thought it was possible to be a giant and NOT come from angel/human relations, and as OW said earlier, he said they can. When I was researching why people believed this they also said that being so big would not make sense just coming from two humans and that you needed some angel/demon/hybrid DNA in there. But apparently you don't.

---
Job 38:4 - Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
#63fudrickPosted 9/5/2011 2:05:04 PM
CIA911 posted...
When I was researching why people believed this they also said that being so big would not make sense just coming from two humans and that you needed some angel/demon/hybrid DNA in there. But apparently you don't.

Angels and demons have DNA?

...does god have DNA?
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#64CIA911(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2011 2:13:10 PM
Angels and demons have DNA?

...does god have DNA?

Oh I have no idea if angels and demons have DNA. I don't see how they POSSIBLY could, I was just saying when I was reading up on this that's what I heard was one of the main arguments for the reason there were "giants." I'm not a genetics expert but if they impregnated women...they must have...some kind of...chromosomes or something. You know ?
---
Job 38:4 - Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
#65TheRealJiraiyaPosted 9/5/2011 2:14:31 PM
Jude appears to believe the angels interpretation, and actually quotes the Book of Enoch (which is probably the oldest source for this interpretation).

Just thought Id throw that out there, I have no dog in this hunt tbh.
---
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." -H.L. Mencken
#66fudrickPosted 9/5/2011 2:19:38 PM
CIA911 posted...
Oh I have no idea if angels and demons have DNA. I don't see how they POSSIBLY could, I was just saying when I was reading up on this that's what I heard was one of the main arguments for the reason there were "giants." I'm not a genetics expert but if they impregnated women...they must have...some kind of...chromosomes or something. You know ?

Oh, I see. Yeah presumably they'd have DNA, but this begs the question: did god actually put a sperm cell into Mary's body, or what? That's a question I've always had ever since I learned about the basics of genetics.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#67OrangeWizardPosted 9/5/2011 2:38:36 PM
They made their own DNA when they took the forms of men, evidently.

Far be it from beings capable of shapeshifting to shapeshift incorrectly.
---
"this game is about reality. ... when you fire a gun you are not like "what is this am i shooting sausages?""
-General_Dong on Black Ops