This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the point in Jesus/God vs Satan in the end days?

#1bsballa09Posted 10/24/2011 1:32:24 PM
If Jesus and God already know the outcome of the end days, why even have it in the first place? Satan knows he's going to lose, so why even bother?
---
Saying "I call Godwin's Law!" as an attempt to discredit a statement about Hitler/Nazis is using Godwin's Law incorrectly.
#2xXBarbelithXxPosted 10/24/2011 6:21:35 PM
Because the Christian characterization of Satan is of a being that believes himself better than God. Why would he then trust the outcome God "foretells" over his own?
---
"In Morrison I Trust"
#3DagorhaPosted 10/24/2011 6:23:51 PM
Satan is an awful big idiot isn't he?
---
You don't get a gold star for being less bloody stupid than another bloody stupid person when you are still demonstrably bloody stupid. -the final bahamut
#4SilviiroPosted 10/24/2011 6:24:21 PM
Who says Satan loses? He gets plenty of people to join him in torment exactly as he wants.
---
"I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have." -- Leonardo da Vinci
#5serpentslayerPosted 10/24/2011 9:06:03 PM
It doesn't make sense and is just one (poor) interpretation of a single passage. Sensible Christians consider Revelations to be metaphor.
---
God is man helping man: this is the way to everlasting glory. -Pliny the Elder
#6actarusPosted 10/25/2011 9:09:41 AM
Because Satan hates humankind because they are part of God's family (God is our Holy Father).

He want mislead humans so that they lives a sinful life with false messiahs who try to contest the world instead of peaceful living. The Beast(Great Monarch) and False Prophet (anti-pope)working together .
He mislead the people with miracles in the air and force people to break God's commandments.

Rev 13:13-16
And he does great wonders, so that he makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, And deceives them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast [idols is violation of the second commandment] , which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
, And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.[worship another god ,idols, and murder are 3 violations of the 10 commandments]
And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads [remember the fourth commandment]

His main opponents are the saints because they warn the people to follow God's Law. and some believes in the "Place of Safety"(Petra) for the last 3 years .

Rev 12:12-14 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has but a short time[The year 6000 limit].
And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman who brought forth the male child.
And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time[The real Church in the last 3 years] , from the face of the serpent.

His plan is; let the world's armies fight against each other until total destruction or against the Real Messiah but the Real Messiah shall defeat world's army with His army of angels.

Then Begins the kingdom of God; a kingdom of world-peace.
---
Even the smallest star twinkles in the dark
#7bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2011 10:13:42 AM
His plan is; let the world's armies fight against each other until total destruction or against the Real Messiah but the Real Messiah shall defeat world's army with His army of angels.

You just backed up what I said...

If Satan knows he is going to lose, why bother?
---
Saying "I call Godwin's Law!" as an attempt to discredit a statement about Hitler/Nazis is using Godwin's Law incorrectly.
#8IynxorPosted 10/25/2011 10:27:54 AM
i think the moral of the story is christian eschatology is even sillier than the rest of christian theology
---
"Westwood was awesome. ****ing EA, they're some kind of poop Midas." - SolidJake
http://www.reddit.com/r/WoT408 ||||| http://i.imgur.com/jNe4H.jpg
#9madumlaoPosted 10/30/2011 10:07:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGR4SFOimlk
---
I have hit the nail on the head at least 80 times.
This only increments when other posters say so, and not when they're spamming it.
#10NsM ComatosisPosted 10/30/2011 11:51:44 AM
Who says Satan loses? He gets plenty of people to join him in torment exactly as he wants.

Satan cannot win by definition, seeing as how he's not omnipotent. Now matter how many people Satan shanghais into working for him, God is still infinitely more powerful than all of them combined. The fact that he exists at all proves that God is the one who's evil in all of this.

"I demand complete subservience and adulation from my slaves, and those who refuse to do so will suffer for eternity (because this is clearly the best way to show you love someone). But, I'm not gonna bother punishing the one guy who's enticing them away from me, and in fact I'm gonna give him full control over the fate of those who choose him instead of me."
---
Pun is top 10 of all time. You can tell he ate a lot of mc's. -- Moogle Hunter