This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the point in Jesus/God vs Satan in the end days?

#11SilviiroPosted 10/31/2011 11:14:56 AM
Satan cannot win by definition, seeing as how he's not omnipotent.

His enemy is not God but man. In causing man to fall he wins. That and I don't believe God to be omnipotent anyway. He will save all who can be saved and the rest will spend eternity with Satan as there's not really anything else to do with them.
---
"I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have." -- Leonardo da Vinci
#12madumlaoPosted 10/31/2011 11:16:44 PM

Satan cannot win by definition, seeing as how he's not omnipotent. Now matter how many people Satan shanghais into working for him, God is still infinitely more powerful than all of them combined.

This isn't actually in scripture, is it? All we really know is that God is powerful, but not actually infinitely powerful. That bit was just added by God-fanboys as the ultimate conclusion of a long-standing Judeo-Christian tradition of encountering other religions and saying "yeah, well my god's better than yours".

For all we know Satan's the infinitely powerful one.
---
I have hit the nail on the head at least 80 times.
This only increments when other posters say so, and not when they're spamming it.
#13RedEricPosted 11/1/2011 8:53:37 AM
The whole point is the utter destruction of evil.
All those who dissent are cast out and once again gods word is all there is.
Eden restored.

As for why allow evil in the first place, tis back to free will. You choose to follow god (good) or not (evil).
---
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
#14bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2011 9:07:56 AM(edited)
The whole point is the utter destruction of evil.
All those who dissent are cast out and once again gods word is all there is.
Eden restored.

As for why allow evil in the first place, tis back to free will. You choose to follow god (good) or not (evil).

That did not answer my question at all.
---
Saying "I call Godwin's Law!" as an attempt to discredit a statement about Hitler/Nazis is using Godwin's Law incorrectly.
#15RedEricPosted 11/1/2011 10:22:29 AM
That did not answer my question at all.

What wasn't answered?

The end of the story is the destruction of evil. That is the point.
What more do you want?
---
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
#16gamesrgreatPosted 11/1/2011 12:57:38 PM
Satan wants to spite God. He will array all his forces to face God so that God and everyone else can see just how many people Satan got to choose damnation. This will presumably hurt God a lot somewhere in his chest
---
The Miami Heat
#17gamesrgreatPosted 11/1/2011 12:58:39 PM

"I demand complete subservience and adulation from my slaves, and those who refuse to do so will suffer for eternity (because this is clearly the best way to show you love someone). But, I'm not gonna bother punishing the one guy who's enticing them away from me, and in fact I'm gonna give him full control over the fate of those who choose him instead of me."

Uh...Satan doesn't get control of hell if that is what you are implying
---
The Miami Heat
#18Master CilanderPosted 11/1/2011 3:24:30 PM
ITT: Satan is a 1 dimensional personality.
---
The brain named itself.
#19bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2011 6:14:13 PM
What wasn't answered?

The end of the story is the destruction of evil. That is the point.
What more do you want?

Read the topic post, not the topic title.
---
Police: You're completely against them until you need them. But if they don't even slightly agree with your story, you are completely against them again.
#20ilsunshangxiangPosted 11/6/2011 8:28:13 PM
there should be a plot twist in the end where god reveals that he and satan are actually the same being
---
God created the universe and let it evolve.
There! Let's stop arguing and be friends.