This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So apparently the number of sand grains on planet earth prove God exists somehow

#1king_gimpyPosted 11/4/2011 8:25:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC8jyx4bzLE&feature=related

I love how they also immediately go into how we all know God exists, and any atheists or agnostics are only such out of pride.
---
You can believe in stones, as long as you do not throw them at me.- Wafa Sultan
#2Chaos ScadePosted 11/4/2011 9:15:19 AM
That was pretty awful.
---
Taste the fountain of immortality.
http://i43.tinypic.com/iqehc6.jpg
#3anavriNPosted 11/4/2011 9:37:20 AM
Hey look, it's Kent Hovind's kid!

*thumbs down*
---
§ 157. Der Gedanke an den Selbstmord ist ein starkes Trostmittel: mit ihm kommt man gut über manche böse Nacht hinweg.
#4MykorrhizaPosted 11/4/2011 9:37:42 AM
I don't understand it, therefore it can't be true.
I don't understand it, therefore God must have done it.

Great arguments....
#5TheRealJiraiyaPosted 11/4/2011 9:40:27 AM
Okay Im about 40 seconds into it right now, and my main issue with the video so far is that apparently the government decided there wasnt a better use of time and money than counting the number of grains of sand on the earth :S lol
---
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." -H.L. Mencken
#6anavriNPosted 11/4/2011 9:48:13 AM
I face-palmed when Eric said that an animal with half a wing and half a leg would be the mid-point in dinosaur-bird evolution.
I rarely face-palm in real-life as a response to Internet videos, but this so stupid, the FP reflex just kicked in.
---
§ 157. Der Gedanke an den Selbstmord ist ein starkes Trostmittel: mit ihm kommt man gut über manche böse Nacht hinweg.
#7kozlo100Posted 11/4/2011 10:08:48 AM
Okay Im about 40 seconds into it right now, and my main issue with the video so far is that apparently the government decided there wasnt a better use of time and money than counting the number of grains of sand on the earth :S lol

Yea, they made that bit up as well. The number they're throwing around comes from a simple equation filled in with rough estimates. You could get the number in about 10 minutes, and there wasn't ever a study.
---
The problem, then, is that if subjective worlds are experienced too differently, there occurs a breakdown in communication. -- Philip K. Dick
#8avonTPosted 11/4/2011 10:11:48 AM
The fact that there are more stars than grains of sand is a pretty irrelevant fact, but if anything its evidence against a personal creator. If the universe was created for us, and earth is the dominion that God rules over, why would God create those extra trillions of stars that have nothing to do with us.
---
Official Priest of the Temples of Syrinx.
#9the final bahamutPosted 11/4/2011 10:18:59 AM
I got one minute into it and then just... couldn't watch anymore. These guys worship God because... God is extremely large? WTF?
---
E ys Bahamut! oui risyhc puna sa! Oui uvvaht sa cahcac!!!
DISCLAIMER: I'm not accountable for this post. I don't know English I just hit keys at random.
#10avonTPosted 11/4/2011 10:25:26 AM
Ok, what the **** is wrong with people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC8jyx4bzLE&t=7m28s

Start watching it there. Why the **** do people talk about evolution without having the slightest idea of what it is? It's sickening. What's worse is that it's not just him that's crazy- the audience was in favor of his ridiculous statements.

A popular thing nowadays is to say "lol, no evidence of half bird half dinosaur lol!" when in fact there is overwhelming evidence of common ancestry and intermediary species. It's the equivalent of someone showing you pictures of North Dakota and then saying "Nah, I just don't feel like North Dakota is real, ya know?"
---
Official Priest of the Temples of Syrinx.