This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are Christians nowadays using the New Covenant as a cop-out to liberalize?

#11actarusPosted 11/28/2011 4:46:26 AM
WelshGamer82 posted...
From: TheRealJiraiya | Posted: 11/28/2011 5:41:23 AM | #004
Acts 15 (I think thats where it is, maybe 10) makes it clear we arent bound by the Law. There is nothing new about this.
You're right, it is Acts 15 (The Council of Jerusalem). Acts 10 is when Peter visits Cornelius's house and has a vision about all foods being clean.

The vision is about unclean people like Cornelius who was a Roman.(non-Jew) .
Cornelius is now a clean Christian.

Some people seize on these words to argue that nothing more was required of early Christians—that they (and we) need not keep other laws found in the Old Testament.

But does this view really make sense? James said nothing about murder, stealing, lying, taking God's name in vain or a host of other sins. By this rationale, should we conclude that Christians are now free to do these evil things? Of course not! So why, then, did James list only these four restrictions—"to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood"?
http://www.ucg.org/booklet/new-covenant-does-it-abolish-gods-law/apostles-old-testament-and-gods-law/jerusalem-conferen/

Now is it my turn,
is it for Christians a sin to disoblige the original Ten Commandments?. Yes/ No

Keep in your mind that it was God who wrote it and that God is your master;

Mat 5:19 Therefore, whoever relaxes one of these commandments, the least, and shall teach men so, he shall be called least in the kingdom of Heaven. But whoever does and teaches them, this one shall be called great in the kingdom of Heaven.

Luk 18:20 You know the commandments: "Do not commit adultery," "do not murder," "do not steal," "do not bear false witness," "honor your father and your mother."

Joh 14:15 If you love Me, keep My commandments.

Tit_1:14 not listening to Jewish myths and commandments of men, having turned away from the truth.

Joh 15:10 If you keep My commandments you will continue in My love, as I have kept My Father's commandments and continue in His love.
---
Even the smallest star twinkles in the dark
#12SilviiroPosted 11/28/2011 9:40:29 AM
The Kingdom has come. The Law is now impossible to follow as the Temple will never be rebuilt. Gentiles were never bound by the Law in the first place. It was given only to the Jews.

So why, then, did James list only these four restrictions—"to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood"?

Because they were the things Jews objected to the most. Three of them aren't even sins.
---
"I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have." -- Leonardo da Vinci
#13WelshGamer82Posted 11/28/2011 9:55:03 AM(edited)

The vision is about unclean people like Cornelius who was a Roman.(non-Jew) .
Cornelius is now a clean Christian.

Dude, I was helping out Jiraiya with his biblical referencing, not looking for a particular discussion with you about the validity of the law. Generally speaking, I'm not interested in what you have to say or your parroting of Church of God theology.
---
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7020/jesustwitter.jpg
On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. < ><