This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can God's love be unconditional if it requires the follower to repent and...

#1Barenziah Boy ToyPosted 11/1/2012 9:48:42 PM
turn away from sin?

Wouldn't both acts of i) repentance, and ii) the effort to turn away from sin, themselves, be considered conditions for God's love?
---
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}
#2LinkFanaticPosted 11/1/2012 10:02:20 PM
No. That is a horrible premise.
---
SSJ Gotenks is santa clause, because he can fly around the planet in one night. - ShaolinAced
#3JonWood007Posted 11/1/2012 10:11:56 PM
It's unconditional, as long as you follow these conditions.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#4LinkFanaticPosted 11/1/2012 10:14:50 PM(edited)
JonWood007 posted...
It's unconditional, as long as you follow these conditions.

So... my father doesn't love me because he wishes that I were a Christian instead of an atheist? Granted, this isn't quite the same as what the TC suggests, but perhaps that just speaks to the absurdity of this topic.
---
SSJ Gotenks is santa clause, because he can fly around the planet in one night. - ShaolinAced
#5Barenziah Boy Toy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 10:58:17 PM
So... my father doesn't love me because he wishes that I were a Christian instead of an atheist? Granted, this isn't quite the same as what the TC suggests, but perhaps that just speaks to the absurdity of this topic.
Except that under Christian doctrine, God doesn't love unless I do what She/He/It wants.
---
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}
#6LinkFanaticPosted 11/1/2012 11:06:55 PM
Barenziah Boy Toy posted...
Except that under Christian doctrine, God doesn't love unless I do what She/He/It wants.

lol no
---
#7NoTitleRequiredPosted 11/1/2012 11:08:30 PM
Barenziah Boy Toy posted...

Except that isn't true.
---
Taste the fountain of immortality.
http://i43.tinypic.com/iqehc6.jpg
#8FishyGoodness12Posted 11/2/2012 12:38:54 AM
God loves everyone regardless...
It just hurts him when people sin and don't repent.
He tries his best to reach out to us, but we tend not to listen, and that hurts him.
#9fudrickPosted 11/2/2012 12:50:27 AM
Honestly I've always heard the "god/jesus still loves you!!!" line directed toward atheists or just nonchristians in general, so I can't say I support the premise of this topic at all.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#10ilsunshangxiangPosted 11/2/2012 1:05:40 AM
actually there's nowhere in the bible that says "god loves everyone"
---
God created the universe and let it evolve.
There! Let's stop arguing and be friends.