This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How can God's love be unconditional if it requires the follower to repent and...

#11chukie_suePosted 11/2/2012 8:20:14 AM(edited)
There is no Bible verse that says God loves unconditionally despite how many Christians are preaching it.
---
"Christ is with those of humble mind, not with those who exalt themselves over his flock." -St. Clement of Rome.
#12Barenziah Boy Toy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 8:40:06 AM
God loves everyone regardless...
If God loves me unconditionally, then why would She/He/It condemn me to Hell if I don't do what She/He/It wants?

---
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}
#13kts123Posted 11/2/2012 9:04:54 AM(edited)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8

If God loves me unconditionally, then why would She/He/It condemn me to Hell if I don't do what She/He/It wants?

Hell and Death is the state of being out of communion with God. If you genuinely do not want to be with God, he will not force you. Given that God literally is all things good, you're ultimately depriving yourself of all things good if you reject him. Saying you want good things, but not God, is like saying you want to meet your dad but not the guy who got your mom pregnant. The entire reason people get this idea that they can have good without God, is because they fail to understand just who God is. And I hate to sound like LMS, but ultimately that's a lie Satan likes to spread. Does God really love you? Is he really good? -- that's ultimately what he implied to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, and it's the same lie he's told again and again. It's the same lie he tried to pass to the whole host of heaven, when he challenged God about Job. Job only loves you because you give him stuff, and if he rebels he knows he'll lose his stuff. There's nothing unpleasant about God, he's pure awesomeness to the nth.
#14Barenziah Boy Toy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2012 9:45:48 AM(edited)
Hell and Death is the state of being out of communion with God. If you genuinely do not want to be with God, he will not force you.
That's like saying that a crack whore and her pimp made a baby that was me. If I genuinely do not want to be with my parents, they will not force me. They'll just throw me out onto the street and let me fend for myself.

I am given an unfair choice. If I had known about this before I was born, then I'd rather God didn't create me at all. Instead, God has forced me into a choice between a rock and a hard place. This is highly unfair and conceited of God to do so.

Secondly, if Hell is the natural state of the Universe, why in the damn **** would God create such a place? It seems like a ****ed up system to force a human person to navigate.
1) Create destructive and chaotic world that is default.
2) Place weak creatures into this world to fend for themselves.
3) Offer an olive branch for those creatures only on the condition that they give you what you want, leaving the rest to rot.

That is not unconditional love, I'm sorry. There are some human parents in this world that treat their spoiled kids better than God does.
---
You don't need a treaty to have free trade. M Rothbard
{Self-Hating Token Asian of the Ivory Tower's Zionist Elite}
#15FingerpuppetPosted 11/2/2012 9:52:39 AM
kts123 posted...
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8

Hell and Death is the state of being out of communion with God. If you genuinely do not want to be with God, he will not force you. Given that God literally is all things good, you're ultimately depriving yourself of all things good if you reject him. Saying you want good things, but not God, is like saying you want to meet your dad but not the guy who got your mom pregnant. The entire reason people get this idea that they can have good without God, is because they fail to understand just who God is. And I hate to sound like LMS, but ultimately that's a lie Satan likes to spread. Does God really love you? Is he really good? -- that's ultimately what he implied to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, and it's the same lie he's told again and again. It's the same lie he tried to pass to the whole host of heaven, when he challenged God about Job. Job only loves you because you give him stuff, and if he rebels he knows he'll lose his stuff. There's nothing unpleasant about God, he's pure awesomeness to the nth.

I want to be with God, but I also don't believe in him until further evidence is supplied that he exists. What would happen to me?
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/214-paranormal-conspiracy/63352960#16
The greatest shut down ever.
#16C_MatPosted 11/2/2012 10:22:39 AM
TC: God loves everyone. God punishes anyone who doesn't repent.

Those two statements don't conflict. You can love someone unconditionally and still punish them when they do wrong. You'll understand someday when you have kids.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#17Burning_WolfXPosted 11/2/2012 10:28:01 AM
Fingerpuppet posted...

I want to be with God, but I also don't believe in him until further evidence is supplied that he exists. What would happen to me?

Well, I'd say you'll get your evidence at the Last Judgement. So theoretically speaking, everything should be just peachy in the end.
---
Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it. But Im afraid He'd ask me the same thing.
#18C_MatPosted 11/2/2012 10:33:06 AM
Fingerpuppet posted...

I think the universe itself is satisfactory evidence of God's existence. You must believe in something if not God, right?

Just a question, but why is belief in God more improbable than what you already believe about the origin of the universe and the nature of morality?
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#19FingerpuppetPosted 11/2/2012 10:47:15 AM
Burning_WolfX posted...
Well, I'd say you'll get your evidence at the Last Judgement. So theoretically speaking, everything should be just peachy in the end.

The evidence doesn't matter. Assuming that God exists but no evidence is provided, what would happen to me for being skeptical that he exists?

C_Mat posted...
I think the universe itself is satisfactory evidence of God's existence. You must believe in something if not God, right?

No, the universe is satisfactory evidence that the universe exists; it doesn't prove that God exists in the same way the Harry Potter books don't prove that Harry Potter exists..

Just a question, but why is belief in God more improbable than what you already believe about the origin of the universe and the nature of morality?

There is evidence in support of the scientific view and no evidence in support of the Christian view.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/214-paranormal-conspiracy/63352960#16
The greatest shut down ever.
#20kts123Posted 11/2/2012 11:10:56 AM

What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. - 1 Corinthians 5