This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bible verse 25

#1MatamoriPosted 11/5/2012 8:06:33 PM
Romans 13:1-3

Be Subject to Government

13 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. 3 For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same;

The rest will be posted tomorrow.

I'm posting these verses just because of the elections tomorrow, which I will hopefully be watching.

To all the Christians: pray that whatever may happen, that we as an American people will turn from our evil ways. Maybe God will have mercy on this country.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#2OrangeWizardPosted 11/6/2012 8:04:36 AM
This country?
American people?

What makes you think that God cares about our nationality or country?
---
Hi, I'm Larry the shivering chipmunk
Brr, I'm cold, I need a sweater.
#3Matamori(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 5:41:41 PM
Because of what He did for us as a country and as the world. Plus look at this verse:

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that who ever believes in Him shall not perish but eternal life."
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#4OrangeWizardPosted 11/6/2012 6:51:02 PM
Because of what He did for us as a country

He did nothing for us "as a country"

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that who ever believes in Him shall not perish but eternal life."

Do you see anything about "AMERICA!" in this verse?
No?
There you go.
---
#5Matamori(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 7:45:18 PM
Your argument is not very good, man. If it says world, then it means the whole world, including the U.S.

Why in the world did you bring this up?
---
#6LinkFanaticPosted 11/6/2012 7:47:03 PM
Matamori posted...
Your argument is not very good, man. If it says world, then it means the whole world, including the U.S.

Why in the world did you bring this up?

That passage is obviously referring to salvation, not domestic security.
---
SSJ Gotenks is santa clause, because he can fly around the planet in one night. - ShaolinAced
#7OrangeWizardPosted 11/6/2012 7:59:12 PM(edited)

Yes. The whole world.

Nothing about America.
God does not care about America.

He cares about the WHOLE WORLD.

God "having mercy on THIS COUNTRY" is silly.
God does not see races, countries, nationalities, or political affiliation.
He does not see the arbitrary, man-made borderlines that divide people. He does not favor one country over another.

He sees the WORLD. He sees all of us as individuals.
---
#8BetaSquadronPosted 11/6/2012 8:11:43 PM
Who are 'the' governing authorities? Which governing authorities should people accept subjection to if they're in a country that's in a civil war or in a separatist conflict?
#9LinkFanaticPosted 11/6/2012 8:59:02 PM
BetaSquadron posted...
Who are 'the' governing authorities? Which governing authorities should people accept subjection to if they're in a country that's in a civil war or in a separatist conflict?

Siding with the Separatists myself. They have f***ing Christopher Lee.
---
SSJ Gotenks is santa clause, because he can fly around the planet in one night. - ShaolinAced
#10OrangeWizardPosted 11/6/2012 9:23:05 PM

The ones that win.
---