This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bible verse 25

#21OrangeWizardPosted 11/12/2012 8:12:05 PM
In the Old Testament, God brought judgement on Israel when they strayed from God's Law. They suffered. God might be doing this to our country as well.

Or he might not.

If the people of this country would turn from their evil ways, then God would heal our land from the problems that trouble it.

No.
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

No. No. No.

No.

Israel was God's nation. God made a covenant with physical Israel. They entered into a special relationship with one another, the likes of which was never been seen before, and will probably be never seen again.

When did Americans gather together on Mount McKinley and agree to be God's Nation? Was that before or after the Declaration of Independence?

God is not in any special relationship with us, as an earthly nation.
God is not casting judgement on us as a country.
God is will not "heal our land" if we "turn from our evil ways".

There was a transition from earthly Israel to a Spiritual Israel, where anyone who wanted to be a part of it, could be included.
At that point, God stopped caring about the only physical nation he ever cared about, and started focusing on individuals.

This is ridiculous, and it's astounding that you believe this. I am flabbergasted. I am gobsmacked. I am in a legit tizzy. My conniptions are having fits.

I never thought I'd meet someone who actually blended nationalism with religion.

I mean, I knew there were people out there like you, but these creatures were legend. Mythical beings who only existed in fairy-tales, meant to scare children into behaving properly and going to sleep, for fear that one would pop out from under their bed and gobble them up.

But to actually converse with one... I have to tell someone about this.

Tell me, do you also believe that those in the military are doing God's Will? Is the reason you think that the Middle East has so many problems because they don't worship the true God?
---
Hi, I'm Larry the shivering chipmunk
Brr, I'm cold, I need a sweater.
#22CuddleWithClawsPosted 11/12/2012 8:26:04 PM
If the people of this country would turn from their evil ways, then God would heal our land from the problems that trouble it.

...people still believe this kind of thing? I'd post the video clip of James Jonah Jameson laughing, but I think that schtick is getting kind of old.

I never thought I'd meet someone who actually blended nationalism with religion.

Try phone canvassing for any kind of social issue. If your target area is even slightly rural, then 4-5/10 times someone actually talks to you, it's something like this.

I also think I agree more with OW in this topic more than I have in any other. Huh.
---
There must be hope.