This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm calling you out, Marioguy5. Let's debate evolution and creationism

#21Marioguy5Posted 11/10/2012 8:44:08 AM
OK, announcement. A buddy of mine pointed out that the Bible says not to go into pointless debates. I have a feeling you are never going to listen to me. So I will leave this debate shortly, after just a little discussion. Not because I'm afraid of being disproven, but because I know there's no convincing you. Also, there are many smarter creationists than I, so I don't feel worthy or ready to be the one standing up for creationism as a whole.
We can begin when you reply.
---
If you are a Christian and 110% proud of it, put this as your signature.
If you are interested in science, check out the work of Dr. Carl Werner.
#22OrangeWizardPosted 11/10/2012 9:01:16 AM
Well that was fast.
---
Hi, I'm Larry the shivering chipmunk
Brr, I'm cold, I need a sweater.
#23itslikePosted 11/10/2012 9:03:23 AM
Marioguy5 posted...
Not because I'm afraid of being disproven, .

Oh of course not, creationism is clearly the superior answer.
---
A burden so great it weighs heavy on old and withered beliefs,
The swift solution crumbles, beneath the mock notes of a masterpiece...
#24Marioguy5Posted 11/10/2012 9:03:38 AM
OrangeWizard posted...
Well that was fast.

I just realized that doing a big debate with this guy would be pointless. The reason I debate is to convince the other person. Do you think fingerpuppet is "on the fence", or willing to listen to me?
---
#25Marioguy5Posted 11/10/2012 9:09:16 AM(edited)
quicksilvver posted...
Marioguy5 posted...
Not because I'm afraid of being disproven, .

Oh of course not, creationism is clearly the superior answer.

Well, it's not always "clearly" the superior answer. But yeah, I have to agree somewhat.
EDIT- Like I said, I will debate a little. But want to leave it before it gets nasty. During that time, fingerpuppet will get his shot at making fun of me.
---
#26Faust_8Posted 11/10/2012 9:25:17 AM
Rational people are always willing to listen. They just won't take irrational and unsupported arguments seriously, especially when they contradict something that is evidently true.

Don't confuse this with "not listening." It is your position's fault that it is a false position, not that we block our minds to it.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#27OrangeWizardPosted 11/10/2012 9:26:21 AM(edited)
ITT: a meta-debate.

GET ON WITH IT
/montypython
---
Hi, I'm Larry the shivering chipmunk
Brr, I'm cold, I need a sweater.
#28GBALoserPosted 11/10/2012 9:46:06 AM
Faust_8 posted...
Rational people are always willing to listen. They just won't take irrational and unsupported arguments seriously, especially when they contradict something that is evidently true.

Don't confuse this with "not listening." It is your position's fault that it is a false position, not that we block our minds to it.

This.

I will say Mario, if you want advice as to what NOT to do, look at what FoL did in his attempts last month...and not do that.

There will be no ganging up on fingers side provided you are bringing up cogent points in support of creationism. Relying on biblical sources will not help prove your point. Fight his science with your science.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#29Marioguy5Posted 11/10/2012 10:59:20 AM
GBALoser posted...
Faust_8 posted...

This.

I will say Mario, if you want advice as to what NOT to do, look at what FoL did in his attempts last month...and not do that.

There will be no ganging up on fingers side provided you are bringing up cogent points in support of creationism. Relying on biblical sources will not help prove your point. Fight his science with your science.

Ok, I will do that. It's actually fun having a sophisticated debate, but I must admit I have built up a fear of debating on the internet. They usually end up with people hating me, and I'm not being over-sensitive. I'm just very cautious now. In scientific debates, I try not to rely on the Bible as my argument. I do try fighting science with science.
OK, I'm actually pumped now! Once fingerpuppet joins in, I will begin round 1.
Also, note to everyone. I said this already, but I'll say it again. I am not doing this with he intention of starting a fight. If you have something rude to say, don't say it. Even if someone says"The Earth is a flat plane on the back of a turtle!" don't insult them. Try to calmly and politely state why that's false.
---
#30ave1Posted 11/10/2012 9:29:28 PM
Im a Creationist & I'm willing to help out :) Let's get em...
---
If a tree falls in a forest and you hear it, but your eyes are closed, how do you know it's not just fifty porcupines sliding down a hill?