This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm calling you out, Marioguy5. Let's debate evolution and creationism

#41Cloud_6671Posted 11/12/2012 7:05:16 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
Well that was fast.

I just realized that doing a big debate with this guy would be pointless. The reason I debate is to convince the other person. Do you think fingerpuppet is "on the fence", or willing to listen to me?

Honestly, if you can prove creationism then he'd be an idiot to not listen. If you can't prove creationism, why would you believe in it? Lol
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/5ug5c1.jpg
#42Fingerpuppet(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 9:43:38 PM
Marioguy5 posted...
OK, announcement. A buddy of mine pointed out that the Bible says not to go into pointless debates. I have a feeling you are never going to listen to me. So I will leave this debate shortly, after just a little discussion. Not because I'm afraid of being disproven, but because I know there's no convincing you. Also, there are many smarter creationists than I, so I don't feel worthy or ready to be the one standing up for creationism as a whole.
We can begin when you reply.

http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/2b5dc4335e6e3eb16277ba1bc2ca698b/634%20-%20Big_Show%20cm_punk%20macro%20oh_wait_you%27re_serious%20wwe.jpg

ave1 posted...
Im a Creationist & I'm willing to help out :) Let's get em...

Sounds great to me.

C_Mat posted...
This is a good list of rules to stick to! I recently debated Fingerpuppet and was enjoying it, but then he started using God's name in vain and insulting me. I told him to stop or that would be the end of the debate, and he called me stupid again in his very next post. If someone can't be mature enough to have a discussion instead of a fight, I don't even try to reason with them, because I'm not here to have fights. And if Fingerpuppet would apologize for being rude, I'd be happy to pick that conversation up again.

And I agree that it's also a good idea to not even respond to someone who jumps into the middle of a discussion/debate you're already having with someone else. I should copy this list and paste it into every topic where I get into a debate.

Weeelllll.....

1. I told you to have thicker skin than that. Did you really not do it? You must hate me. Now I'm sad.
2. I did not insult you, I insulted what you said. When someone is saying something objectively stupid it's fine for me to point it out. Twice.
3. If you can't say something intelligent then it's best not to say anything at all.
4. You're doing the same load of **** that another person tried to pull on me, where you pretend to be offended in lieu of responding to what I have to say.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/214-paranormal-conspiracy/63352960#16
The greatest shut down ever.
#43C_MatPosted 11/12/2012 10:43:25 PM
Fingerpuppet posted...
Weeelllll.....

1. I told you to have thicker skin than that. Did you really not do it? You must hate me. Now I'm sad.
2. I did not insult you, I insulted what you said. When someone is saying something objectively stupid it's fine for me to point it out. Twice.
3. If you can't say something intelligent then it's best not to say anything at all.
4. You're doing the same load of **** that another person tried to pull on me, where you pretend to be offended in lieu of responding to what I have to say.

I was not personally offended, I found your behavior offensive and decided conversation with you was unproductive. See the difference?

You insulted me. I asked you to be polite and continued the conversation. You immediately insulted me again. End of conversation.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#44OrangeWizardPosted 11/12/2012 10:46:30 PM
This is like watching two "tough guy" kids before a fight. All gesturing and posturing, taking fancy poses and hopping around, trading insults.

The kids in the background are chanting "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" with less and less enthusiasm, and then a teacher walks over and breaks it up.
---
Hi, I'm Larry the shivering chipmunk
Brr, I'm cold, I need a sweater.
#45Fingerpuppet(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 11:37:12 PM
It's kind of sad, really. I already stated that he would go first but he's intent on waiting...
---
#46mD_atheistPosted 11/13/2012 12:02:14 AM(edited)
JonWood007 posted...
*Puts popcorn in the microwave*

*lol big smirk on face while also grabbing a bag of popcorn with hot sauce ;)*
---
"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
- via the Treaty of Tripoli, signed by John Adams
#47Fingerpuppet(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 6:26:13 AM
C_Mat posted...
Fingerpuppet posted...
Weeelllll.....

I was not personally offended, I found your behavior offensive and decided conversation with you was unproductive. See the difference?

You insulted me. I asked you to be polite and continued the conversation. You immediately insulted me again. End of conversation.

Sorry, but I didn't actually insult you. I simply criticized your posts because they were stupid, and therefore your posts earned it. If you think a conversation with me is unproductive, then you clearly haven't been here for very long.
---
#48Marioguy5Posted 11/13/2012 6:28:28 AM
Fingerpuppet posted...
It's kind of sad, really. I already stated that he would go first but he's intent on waiting...

And I said I would begin once you agreed to the rules and responded. I can't start RIGHT now, as I'm going to the dentist. I must say though fingerpuppet, you haven't managed to say one polite thing so far.
---
If you are a Christian and 110% proud of it, put this as your signature.
If you are interested in science, check out the work of Dr. Carl Werner.
#49ThuggernautzPosted 11/13/2012 8:16:57 AM
Marioguy5 posted...
Fingerpuppet posted...

And I said I would begin once you agreed to the rules and responded. I can't start RIGHT now, as I'm going to the dentist. I must say though fingerpuppet, you haven't managed to say one polite thing so far.

Yeah, Fingerpuppet, come on! Agree to the rules where no-one can check if you are lying or not because you're not allowed to post any supportive evidence! What's wrong with you man?
#50Marioguy5Posted 11/13/2012 8:51:28 AM
Thuggernautz posted...
Marioguy5 posted...
Fingerpuppet posted...

Yeah, Fingerpuppet, come on! Agree to the rules where no-one can check if you are lying or not because you're not allowed to post any supportive evidence! What's wrong with you man?

lol You have reading comprehension fail. I said "Not too many links", not "No links allowed!". Oftentimes, I have debated with people who only post links, and when they DO say something, they post a dozen links that they expect me to read in extreme detail. Posting some links is absolutely fine. Not only fine, but encouraged!
---
If you are a Christian and 110% proud of it, put this as your signature.
If you are interested in science, check out the work of Dr. Carl Werner.