This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Today's Catholic Healing Mass Testimony - so you may believe

#51HeadEXplodePosted 11/12/2012 9:12:44 PM
You should've picked Pentecostal when selecting your troll religion, LMS. Catholics don't do that faith healing and speaking in tongues in church BS. Catholicism is way too structured for that kind of behavior. If you had even attended one mass, you'd know that.
---
I control the world/You control my heart/And life was easier when watching evil empires fall apart.
#52LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 9:15:37 PM
HeadEXplode posted...
You should've picked Pentecostal when selecting your troll religion, LMS. Catholics don't do that faith healing and speaking in tongues in church BS. Catholicism is way too structured for that kind of behavior. If you had even attended one mass, you'd know that.

Actually thank you very much
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you
You will know them by their fruits says the Lord
#53Burning_WolfXPosted 11/13/2012 3:23:25 PM
HeadEXplode posted...

Wait, you think Roman Catholicism has even a shred of uniformity or liturgical orthodoxy left in its services? Have you not heard the horrors of clown Masses, costume Masses, dancing at Mass, Charismatic masses (lol, the irony), guitar Masses, or anything like that?
---
Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it. But Im afraid He'd ask me the same thing.
#54HeadEXplodePosted 11/13/2012 4:08:07 PM
Burning_WolfX posted...
HeadEXplode posted...

Wait, you think Roman Catholicism has even a shred of uniformity or liturgical orthodoxy left in its services? Have you not heard the horrors of clown Masses, costume Masses, dancing at Mass, Charismatic masses (lol, the irony), guitar Masses, or anything like that?

No, but I haven't attended a Mass since I was seven or eight. It was very dull. What exactly are Charismatic Masses?
---
I control the world/You control my heart/And life was easier when watching evil empires fall apart.
#55Burning_WolfXPosted 11/13/2012 7:09:38 PM
HeadEXplode posted...

No, but I haven't attended a Mass since I was seven or eight. It was very dull. What exactly are Charismatic Masses?

Take a Charismatic service (ex. Pentecostal-type, really obnoxious singing, people dancing like madmen, writhing on the ground speaking in "tongues," etc. or IN THE NAEM OF JEEE-ZUS AH CAST U AOWT *minister lay hands on worshipper, worshipper falls over* type), put it in a Catholic church, have a Catholic priest in charge of the whole shebang, maybe have the Eucharist, and there you go.
---
Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it. But Im afraid He'd ask me the same thing.
#56LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 8:45:02 PM
Burning_WolfX posted...
HeadEXplode posted...

Take a Charismatic service (ex. Pentecostal-type, really obnoxious singing, people dancing like madmen, writhing on the ground speaking in "tongues," etc. or IN THE NAEM OF JEEE-ZUS AH CAST U AOWT *minister lay hands on worshipper, worshipper falls over* type), put it in a Catholic church, have a Catholic priest in charge of the whole shebang, maybe have the Eucharist, and there you go.

Have some respect for Eucharist, that is Christ giving Himself under breath and wine, to become His Body and Blood
---
#57Burning_WolfXPosted 11/13/2012 10:11:22 PM
LastManStanding posted...
Burning_WolfX posted...
HeadEXplode posted...

Have some respect for Eucharist, that is Christ giving Himself under breath and wine, to become His Body and Blood

Oh, I have plenty of respect for the Eucharist, believe me. I don't think these Charismatic healing Masses focus as much on it as a normal Mass or a Divine Liturgy, though.
---
#58CthulhuPosted 11/14/2012 1:15:00 AM
Why doesn't god ever heal amputees?
#59LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 6:52:35 AM
Cthulhu posted...
Why doesn't god ever heal amputees?

There are miracles on amputees. St. Anthony is a patron of amputees
---
#60LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 6:54:33 AM
Every Mass is a healing mass as we eat body and blood of Christ.
Explicit healing mass, the healing is done the one I went to after the service, for whoever stayed
---