This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fellow Christians don't have a lukewarm faith

#1LastManStandingPosted 11/10/2012 2:06:31 PM
Do anything in life in a lukewarm state, when you half way in and half way out, whether it is, you will not get much of it, and at the end it does not feel well.

Same thing with faith, if you are in Church but you not in Church in your heart, if you praying by basically bubbling stuff out/formulas without concentrating. If you do not read and meditate on Holy Scriptures, you are missing out.
Read what God thinks about lukewarm faith in The Book of Revelation.

...And the bad English comments are getting old, you know very well what I am saying.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you
You will know them by their fruits says the Lord
#2OzymandiasIVPosted 11/10/2012 2:37:14 PM
Your English suddenly became much better when you were defending it against criticism.

Really, that's the only thing worth discussing in this topic.
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
#3JonWood007Posted 11/10/2012 2:45:20 PM
Well, for once I agree with you on something, when your faith is lukewarm, it's fragile.

At the same time, I'm sure we'll disagree over whether this is a good or bad thing.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#4Wandering__HeroPosted 11/10/2012 3:50:59 PM
This is actually a good thread.

Prayer didnt start really meaning something to me until I prayed with my heart wide open and actually expressed my feelings, including those I'd try to hide from God before.
---
This site gives 1.1 cups of food for each click a day. Please click it
http://www.thehungersite.com
#5LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2012 10:48:56 PM
When you pray from the heart and you are aware of presence of God, after praise Christ God the Father send Holy Spirit, the prayer is so loving and beautiful. It can run easily close to an hour. You can even tear up.
Profess your love to your Savior.
---
#6Cloud_6671Posted 11/12/2012 12:44:00 AM
While you're at it, don't do only half the things the bible tells you to do and not the other half. Don't forget to stone your children and whatnot
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/5ug5c1.jpg
#7LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 5:57:05 AM
Cloud_6671 posted...
While you're at it, don't do only half the things the bible tells you to do and not the other half. Don't forget to stone your children and whatnot

This argument is old and poorly researched and used by many atheists, which means you are getting played and lied too. Christ replaced law of Moses with the commandment of love.
---
#8PhoroPosted 11/12/2012 5:59:03 AM
LastManStanding posted...
Cloud_6671 posted...

This argument is old and poorly researched and used by many atheists, which means you are getting played and lied too. Christ replaced law of Moses with the commandment of love.

Who gave the law to Moses?

---
You're killin' me, Smalls.
#9Cubbiesboy22Posted 11/12/2012 6:30:43 AM
So if your faith is only lukewarm... does that mean you should put it in the microwave for 30 seconds?
#10Cloud_6671Posted 11/12/2012 1:30:10 PM(edited)
Christ replaced law of Moses with the commandment of love.

Nope

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

Matthew 5:17

---
http://i41.tinypic.com/5ug5c1.jpg