This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fellow Christians: Should we pray for Satan?

#1toxicpiePosted 11/11/2012 3:11:37 PM
If the Bible tells us to love our enemy, and Satan is our greatest enemy, does that not mean we should forgive Satan the most? I've been mulling this over for a week now and I'm not sure if it is right or not...
God bless. =}
#2OzymandiasIVPosted 11/11/2012 3:23:23 PM
Not a Christian, but every Christian response I've heard to this question is that Satan will never repent. Other than that, I suppose it couldn't hurt.
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
#3SuibomPosted 11/11/2012 3:38:10 PM
No, we don't pray for Satan. He is unredeemable.
---
"Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body." Hebrews 13:3 ESV
#4SilviiroPosted 11/11/2012 4:38:43 PM
I've done it. Even if something is pointless there is no harm in trying.
---
"I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind." -- Ecclesiastes 1:14
#5Hustle KongPosted 11/11/2012 5:13:05 PM
There is something very unappealing to me about a religion that holds that there is even one sentient being beyond salvation.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#6Polish_CrusaderPosted 11/11/2012 5:26:49 PM
No we should not. The lord says what is in hell cannot get out of it. No point. Waste of prayer.
#7ilsunshangxiangPosted 11/11/2012 6:04:20 PM
no because Satan is having his own fun down there.
---
God created the universe and let it evolve.
There! Let's stop arguing and be friends.
#8JamesB0ndOO7Posted 11/11/2012 6:20:48 PM
No we should not. The lord says what is in hell cannot get out of it. No point. Waste of prayer.

I'm pretty sure the Bible says Satan goes to Hell AFTER Revelation.
---
There's no shame in being ashamed of yourself ~TheGeneralPublic
I love plenty of men. ~the hedonist
#9CuddleWithClawsPosted 11/11/2012 6:26:35 PM(edited)
No, we don't pray for Satan. He is unredeemable.

I used to think that this absolutely WASN'T the case, but then I thought some more about it. Most people who repent of a thing, do so because there is some kind of impetus that compels or motivates them. Satan doesn't have anything like that. He doesn't give a fig about the love of God - he already knew about it and experienced it full-well, and it clearly wasn't his thing. Is it entirely impossible for Satan to be redeemed? I'm not so sure, but he doesn't seem to have any reason to redeem himself. Since Satan seems to be a rebel to the last, I doubt the threat of eternal torment or oblivion would faze him in the slightest. If Satan sought redemption, it would be on an arbitrary whim, which doesn't fit with the idea of legitimately wanting to change and be saved.

The lord says what is in hell cannot get out of it.

I believe it did, once.
---
There must be hope.
#10Dathrowed1Posted 11/11/2012 6:28:41 PM
JamesB0ndOO7 posted...

I'm pretty sure the Bible says Satan goes to Hell AFTER Revelation.

No it says he will be destroyed along with death and hades
---
sig