This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does this theory explaining God's existence naturally have a name?

#1Mr_Red_HerringPosted 11/12/2012 9:37:49 AM
I'm sure I'm not the first person to think think this.

God could be explained naturally without any spiritual undertones. What if God is merely an advanced being whose people came from a galaxy far away at the other end of the universe? He possessed technology that humans do not yet understand to create life and form planets. Time is calculated differently in his homeland so 4,000 years on his planet could be billions of years in earth time.

Sometime after he begun the process of shaping life on earth, an emergency forced him back to his galaxy where his people became extinct after some sort of disaster caused by their advanced technology.
---
http://tinyurl.com/mr-red-herring
#2ThuggernautzPosted 11/12/2012 9:40:43 AM
That's called imagination. And it's just as likely as any other God/first cause hypothesis. I would ask what aversion you have with simply saying "I don't know yet" about first cause, though?
#3SirThinkALotPosted 11/12/2012 9:40:57 AM
Its similar to the 'ancient aliens' theory. That is that the 'gods' worshiped in ancient cultures were aliens with super advanced technology.
---
Learn real history and economics at liberty Classroom
http://www.libertyclassroom.com/dap/a/?a=1305
#4OzymandiasIVPosted 11/12/2012 10:39:07 AM
It' called Prometheus.
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
#5hamsandwich3141Posted 11/12/2012 12:35:33 PM
What created the race of God-beings?
---
I only have a signature so I can type my posts in CAPS LOCK.
#6mikmalotPosted 11/12/2012 1:59:26 PM
Mormonism?
---
Descartes is sitting in a bar, having a drink. The bartender asks him if he wants another. "I think not," he says and vanishes in a puff of logic.
#7CuddleWithClawsPosted 11/12/2012 5:03:23 PM

Absolutely nothing to do with the OP.
---
There must be hope.
#8hamsandwich3141Posted 11/12/2012 5:31:17 PM
CuddleWithClaws posted...

Absolutely nothing to do with the OP.

What the hell?
---
I only have a signature so I can type my posts in CAPS LOCK.
#9FlashOfLightPosted 11/12/2012 5:37:42 PM
Mr_Red_Herring posted...
I'm sure I'm not the first person to think think this.

God could be explained naturally without any spiritual undertones. What if God is merely an advanced being whose people came from a galaxy far away at the other end of the universe? He possessed technology that humans do not yet understand to create life and form planets. Time is calculated differently in his homeland so 4,000 years on his planet could be billions of years in earth time.

Sometime after he begun the process of shaping life on earth, an emergency forced him back to his galaxy where his people became extinct after some sort of disaster caused by their advanced technology.

That's why for atheists who believe in evolution and in alien life, I bring out the argument to them that by their very own conceding to evolution and alien life, nothing stops a very highly intelligent being from either creating or manipulating matter to his ends when he has the means to do so.

This is a constant factor they leave out, the formula they currently have, according to evolutionary theory, of the probability of advanced alien civilizations, via the Drake Equation, would automatically include into it a race able to create and manipulate matter.

As Michio Kaku explains here, there are 3 recognized types of civilizations -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj_UKcBBScc (the first minute of the video covers the three types)

To deny a super intelligent creator being, by the very concept of evolutionary theory, is turning a blind eye and is the product of a superbly ignorant mind.

What are human beings meddling with today? The CERN project, which by their own admission could result in the creation of a mini-Big Bang, which they claim was the method for how the universe came about, and which would lead into the creation of a mini-universe.

Now, in 2010, at least, news reports came out that they did such a thing, so given enough time and accumulated knowledge, by evolutionary theory, a civilization would also at least in some point in time meddle with creating matter.
---
And out of this crust, put out your thrust, do what you must, try not to rust, as you turn to dust.
#10OzymandiasIVPosted 11/12/2012 6:04:13 PM
From: FlashOfLight | Posted: 11/12/2012 7:37:42 PM | #009
That's why for atheists who believe in evolution and in alien life, I bring out the argument to them that by their very own conceding to evolution and alien life, nothing stops a very highly intelligent being from either creating or manipulating matter to his ends when he has the means to do so.

Whoop-de-do. Most atheists don't necessarily believe that there is no god. They just see no evidence of any, and so don't adhere to any belief concerning one. They don't have an answer for what created life, but they don't just make up a similar answer and then say that this thing (god) by definition is eternal and has no beginning. We say we don't know how life started, or what caused the Big Bang, but we don't provide any ultimate answer (with no basis) that resolves every issue just so we can sleep better at night.

I'm an atheist, I believe that the Big Bang occurred, and I believe in evolution (I know some people will get upset if I know evolution is true). Do I know where this material for the Big Bang came from? No, I don't. It's a good thing the Big Bang theory was never intended to answer that question. Do I know how life started? No, I don't. It's a good thing evolution has nothing to do with the origin of life. I have personally subscribed to no belief on the genesis of life. Evolution explains how life evolves, not how it starts.

This is a constant factor they leave out, the formula they currently have, according to evolutionary theory, of the probability of advanced alien civilizations, via the Drake Equation, would automatically include into it a race able to create and manipulate matter.

I'm sorry, but what orifice did you pull this from?

To deny a super intelligent creator being, by the very concept of evolutionary theory, is turning a blind eye and is the product of a superbly ignorant mind.

I'm not sure I see the point of any of this. You're theorizing that some life evolved and was able to create matter and life, and that that could be god? Am I reading you correctly? If so... what started that life? Why would that life be necessary if, by its very existence, it proves that it is not necessary to create life?

I really hope I'm reading you wrong. If not, that has got to be one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever heard.
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.