This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you guys cope with questioning your religious beliefs(christianity)?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. How do you guys cope with questioning your religious beliefs(christianity)?
3 years ago#41
I've never really heard a convincing argument for evolution and Christianity being truly compatible but I have heard several against it.
---
D-Jesus, Christ Bosh, King James 3:16
The Miami Heat 2012 Champs- Miller Time
3 years ago#42
I continued asking questions, and eventually realized my beliefs (Roman Catholicism) were ridiculous, and Jesus was in the same category of characters that Zeus, Odin, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Spider-man etc. fall into.

I understand the desire to want to have faith, that is something you (or I) will probably never be able to shake, but know that it is simply a product of your religious indoctrination in your youth. It becomes much easier to deal with.
---
Bowling IS a sport.
Gary Johnson 2012, lets bring some actual change to America
3 years ago#43
I understand the desire to want to have faith, that is something you (or I) will probably never be able to shake

It's possible. You may not believe me, but I sincerely have no desire for faith in religion or in any kind of god.
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
3 years ago#44
OzymandiasIV posted...
I understand the desire to want to have faith, that is something you (or I) will probably never be able to shake

It's possible. You may not believe me, but I sincerely have no desire for faith in religion or in any kind of god.

Well good for you then. I find religion to be the most dangerous, and destructive thing humans have ever created, but I still feel traces of being indoctrinated into Jesus my whole life.
---
Bowling IS a sport.
Gary Johnson 2012, lets bring some actual change to America
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. How do you guys cope with questioning your religious beliefs(christianity)?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived