This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

cyclonekruse's Annual Religion Board Census -- 2012 Edition

#71Blue_Dream87Posted 11/19/2012 2:05:44 AM
1. What is your age? 21
2. What is your sex? Male
3. Where are you from? (No need to be more specific than state/province.) California
4a. Are you an atheist or a theist?* Theist
4b. If an atheist, are you a weak atheist or strong atheist?
5. Are you agnostic or not? No, but I'm still conflicted in relation to Theism
6a. Do you follow a religion? No
6b. If so, which religion?
7. Do you believe in life after death? Yes
8. Do you believe that evolution is the best explanation we currently have for the diversity of life? Yes
9a. Do you share the same religion (or lack thereof) as your parent(s)? No
9b. Do you differ in your religion (or lack thereof) with one or both of your parents? Both
10. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes
11. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the conviction you have in your religious position (1 being no conviction at all and 10 being absolute conviction)? Religious, none. Spirituality, 7/8
12. On a scale of 1-10, how much would you say your religious beliefs have changed over the course of your life (1 being not at all and 10 being a complete change)? 10
13. How long have you been visiting this Religion board? Recently started visiting
14. And finally, in the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would your weapon of choice be? Crowbar
---
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1/Dwarkyzidez/deeath.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l1/Dwarkyzidez/sloth.png
#72the_hedonistPosted 11/19/2012 4:12:03 AM(edited)
1. What is your age?

2. What is your sex?

Male

3. Where are you from? (No need to be more specific than state/province.)

TX

4a. Are you an atheist or a theist?

Theist

5. Are you agnostic or not?

Not agnostic

6a. Do you follow a religion?

Yes

Chirdtianity - Non-denominational

7. Do you believe in life after death?

Yes

8. Do you believe that evolution is the best explanation we currently have for the diversity of life?

Yes

9a. Do you share the same religion (or lack thereof) as your parent(s)?

Yes (Christian w/in different denominations)

9b. Do you differ in your religion (or lack thereof) with one or both of your parents?

See above

10. Do you believe in ghosts?

Unsure

11. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the conviction you have in your religious position (1 being no conviction at all and 10 being absolute conviction)?

12. On a scale of 1-10, how much would you say your religious beliefs have changed over the course of your life (1 being not at all and 10 being a complete change)?

13. How long have you been visiting this Religion board?

At least three years, but I used to post on this board under a different username.

14. And finally, in the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would your weapon of choice be?

The Master Sword
---
"Knowing is the responsible human struggle to rely on clues to focus on a coherent pattern and submit to its reality." -Esther Meek
#73ThuggernautzPosted 11/19/2012 7:34:10 AM
1. 26
2. Male
3. Currently, Ontario.
4a. Atheist
4b. Strong of heart! But weak by the accepted definition of atheism. ;P
5. Nope. I like to think most everything is knowable, we just haven't figured out how yet.
6a. Nope.
6b.
7. Nope.
8. Yup.
9a. Nope.
9b. Yup.
10. Nope. I ain't afraid of no ghosts.
11. 6.
12. 10.
13. Couple of years?
14. Bow/Crossbow, or a Zwei-hander...
#74WhereDidItGoPosted 11/19/2012 7:37:45 AM
1. What is your age?

2. What is your sex?
Male

3. Where are you from?
Alabama

4a. Are you an atheist or a theist?
Theist

Yes

Yes

Christianity (Catholic)

Yes

8. Do you believe that evolution is the best explanation we currently have for the diversity of life?
Yes

Yes

9b. Do you differ in your religion (or lack thereof) with one or both of your parents?
Yes, Dad is Protestant with anti-Catholic leanings

Not really

11. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the conviction you have in your religious position (1 being no conviction at all and 10 being absolute conviction)?

12. On a scale of 1-10, how much would you say your religious beliefs have changed over the course of your life (1 being not at all and 10 being a complete change)?

No idea. Several years, mostly just lurking

14. And finally, in the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would your weapon of choice be?
AA-12
---
"The madman is not the man who has lost his reason. The madman is the man who has lost everything except his reason." - G.K. Chesterton
#75the_hedonistPosted 11/20/2012 7:22:09 AM
whalercane posted...
5. Are you agnostic or not? Yes, technically everyone is

Wait...what about the people who aren't agnostic?
---
"Knowing is the responsible human struggle to rely on clues to focus on a coherent pattern and submit to its reality." -Esther Meek
#76the_hedonistPosted 11/20/2012 7:22:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#77Marioguy5Posted 11/20/2012 7:50:53 AM
1. I'm 15
2. Male
3. Western NY
4a. Theist
5. No?
6a. Yes.
6b. Christianity
7. Yes, life after death
8. No, I'm a creationist
9a. Yes, my parents are Christians
10. Ghosts? I believe in angels/demons, which I guess is similar...
11. Don't really understand. My conviction in my religious stance?
12. 6
13. Hard to say. Quite a few months.
14. A Bible!....Nah, jk. I would grab a good ol' shotgun.
---
If you are a Jesus Freak and 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.
If you are interested in science, check out the work of Dr. Carl Werner.
#78stuartturner101Posted 11/23/2012 4:36:49 AM
1. What is your age?
2. What is your sex?
Male
3. Where are you from? (No need to be more specific than state/province.)
Guernsey
4a. Are you an atheist or a theist?*
Atheist
4b. If an atheist, are you a weak atheist or strong atheist?
Strong
Yes
No
N/A
No
Yes
No
Yes
No
11. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the conviction you have in your religious
position (1 being no conviction at all and 10 being absolute conviction)?
2+Years
Sniper Rifle
---
If you want oak, chew on a plank.
#79anavriNPosted 11/23/2012 5:23:20 AM
1. What is your age? 28
3. Where are you from? (No need to be more specific than state/province.) The Netherlands
4a. Are you an atheist or a theist?* Atheist
4b. If an atheist, are you a weak atheist or strong atheist? Weak atheist
5. Are you agnostic or not? Yes
7. Do you believe in life after death? No
8. Do you believe that evolution is the best explanation we currently have for the diversity of life? Yes
9a. Do you share the same religion (or lack thereof) as your parent(s)? No (both my parents are christian, so is my older sister, but not my younger brother
9b. Do you differ in your religion (or lack thereof) with one or both of your parents? Yes
10. Do you believe in ghosts? No
11. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the conviction you have in your religious position (1 being no conviction at all and 10 being absolute conviction)? 9 (as in: I am rather certain that there is no way to know if gods exist and I see much evidence that religion is manmade)
12. On a scale of 1-10, how much would you say your religious beliefs have changed over the course of your life (1 being not at all and 10 being a complete change)? 8, raised a christian, strayed from the path during my teens, consolidating as an agnostic atheist in my twenties
13. How long have you been visiting this Religion board? Man, at least seven years or so? Honestly not sure
14. And finally, in the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would your weapon of choice be? Katana (because blades never run out of bullets), with a 9mm as a sidearm
---
§ 157. Der Gedanke an den Selbstmord ist ein starkes Trostmittel: mit ihm kommt man gut über manche böse Nacht hinweg.
#80MrTamborineManPosted 11/24/2012 8:40:27 AM
1. What is your age? 22
3. Where are you from? Pennsylvania
4a. Are you an atheist or a theist? Theist
6a. Do you follow a religion? Yes
6b. If so, which religion? Christianity-Orthodox
7. Do you believe in life after death? Yes
9a. Do you share the same religion (or lack thereof) as your parent(s)? Yes, but different denominations
10. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes
11. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate the conviction you have in your religious position (1 being no conviction at all and 10 being absolute conviction)? 8
12. On a scale of 1-10, how much would you say your religious beliefs have changed over the course of your life (1 being not at all and 10 being a complete change)?10
13. How long have you been visiting this Religion board? Roughly 4 years, with times of both active contribution and no contribution at all
14. And finally, in the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would your weapon of choice be? DMR
---
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e3Y_xkXh_Q