This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Christian extremists hoping for the rapture are a sad lot

#61SuibomPosted 11/18/2012 7:51:27 PM
See, this is why you shouldn't debate things you don't know about.

Read Chaos's post.

Then read the corresponding passage in Revelation.

Then think.
---
"Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body." Hebrews 13:3 ESV
#62Burning_WolfXPosted 11/18/2012 7:56:21 PM
Suibom posted...
See, this is why you shouldn't debate things you don't know about.

Read Chaos's post.

Then read the corresponding passage in Revelation.

Then think.

Glad to know all you're capable of doing is patronizing others to try and make yourself look smart. I didn't say Satan would succeed. I just said he'd try for anything he can possibly get.

You STILL have absolutely no proof for any Rapture. And you've STILL lost the argument.
---
Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it. But Im afraid He'd ask me the same thing.
#63SuibomPosted 11/18/2012 8:00:28 PM
I'm not trying to make you feel stupid.

Ask yourself "Why would Suibom ask that question?"

Don't hand wave it. Don't declare victory when there is none.

Look at what Chaos said about the Orthodox's stance on the Millenium and ask yourself why in the world would my question, and it's answer, matter concerning it?
---
"Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body." Hebrews 13:3 ESV
#64Burning_WolfXPosted 11/18/2012 8:06:11 PM(edited)
Suibom posted...
I'm not trying to make you feel stupid.

Ask yourself "Why would Suibom ask that question?"

Don't hand wave it. Don't declare victory when there is none.

Look at what Chaos said about the Orthodox's stance on the Millennium and ask yourself why in the world would my question, and it's answer, matter concerning it?

Ahhh, now I see what you're getting at. And no, it doesn't imply what you think it implies.

Satan isn't the only source of sinful impulses, you know. We as humans have enough of those as is, without any outside influence. All Satan ever did was exploit and exacerbate our own natural, home-grown sinful impulses.

EDIT: Also, I'd advise you to cut it with the snarky holding my hand and telling me what to do like I'm a little child.
---
Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it. But Im afraid He'd ask me the same thing.
#65SuibomPosted 11/18/2012 8:20:18 PM
That isn't what you just said.

Burning_WolfX posted...
If this question is asking what I think it's asking, then yes, of course Satan is still deceiving people. He's just been defeated, and all he can do now is try to corrupt the minds of men, instilling evil hearts, vice and despair to whatever extent he can.

You said he is still deceiving people.

How is that possible if we're in the Millenium?

Are you going to make up another answer, as you JUST DID?

This, THIS is exactly why I don't debate people who have not done their homework. I will not afford you the freedom to make stuff up as you go and expect that to fly.

If we are in the Millenium, then Satan is bound and unable to deceive anyone right now.

Do you see the problem with that yet?

Whom then are we not to give place to?
- nor give place to the devil. (Ephesians 4:27 NKJV)

Whom then are we to stand against and who's darts are we to quench?
- Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. (Ephesians 6:11, 16 NKJV)

Whom then has taken captive those that have been ensnared?
-and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will. (II Timothy 2:26 NKJV)

Whom then are we to resist?
-Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. (James 4:7 NKJV)

Whom then stalks us to devour us?
-Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. (I Peter 5:8 NKJV)

IF NOW IS THE TIME OF THE MILLENIUM, AND SATAN IS BOUND AND LOCKED AWAY AND IS UNABLE TO DECEIVE ANYONE, THEN WHO ARE ALL THESE PASSAGES WARNING US ABOUT?!?

Sadly, this too you'll argue against, and make up whatever you need to to get you through.

Wolf, I wish you truth in your studies, but this is where I bow out with you.

I still think we should do lunch.
---
#66SuibomPosted 11/18/2012 8:22:59 PM
Burning_WolfX posted...

EDIT: Also, I'd advise you to cut it with the snarky holding my hand and telling me what to do like I'm a little child.

If I'm holding your hand, it's because you're kicking and screaming while I drag you to the truth.
---
#67DarkContractorPosted 11/18/2012 8:55:46 PM
You guys are getting too hostile for a simple Bible Study.
---
GameFAQs Christianity General, your GF home for Bible studies, testimonies, and worship: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/400-current-events/64458924
#68DarkContractorPosted 11/18/2012 8:55:54 PM
You guys are getting too hostile for a simple Bible Study.
---
GameFAQs Christianity General, your GF home for Bible studies, testimonies, and worship: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/400-current-events/64458924
#69JonWood007Posted 11/18/2012 9:09:52 PM
*backs out of topic*
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#70Burning_WolfXPosted 11/19/2012 12:03:18 AM
Suibom posted...
Do you see the problem with that yet?

Whom then are we not to give place to?
- nor give place to the devil. (Ephesians 4:27 NKJV)

Whom then are we to stand against and who's darts are we to quench?
- Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. (Ephesians 6:11, 16 NKJV)

Whom then has taken captive those that have been ensnared?
-and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will. (II Timothy 2:26 NKJV)

Whom then are we to resist?
-Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. (James 4:7 NKJV)

Whom then stalks us to devour us?
-Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. (I Peter 5:8 NKJV)

IF NOW IS THE TIME OF THE MILLENIUM, AND SATAN IS BOUND AND LOCKED AWAY AND IS UNABLE TO DECEIVE ANYONE, THEN WHO ARE ALL THESE PASSAGES WARNING US ABOUT?!?

Sadly, this too you'll argue against, and make up whatever you need to to get you through.

Wolf, I wish you truth in your studies, but this is where I bow out with you.

I still think we should do lunch.

Very well then, you've given me some things to reconsider and reevaluate. I thank you, and good day.
---