This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

11/18/2012: Gods favor.

#1Polish_CrusaderPosted 11/18/2012 12:18:28 PM
When you have the Lord's favor everything and everyone around you is blessed. Even non believers. Joseph found favor in the Lords eyes because of what he did in pleasing the Lord. The Lord was with Joseph and he became a successful man in the house of his Egyptian Master.

Genesis 39: 1-6

Now Joseph had been brought down to Egypt, and Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, the captain of the guard, an Egyptian, had bought him from the Ishmaelites who had brought him down there. 2 The Lord was with Joseph, and he became a successful man, and he was in the house of his Egyptian master. 3 His master saw that the Lord was with him and that the Lord caused all that he did to succeed in his hands. 4 So Joseph found favor in his sight and attended him, and he made him overseer of his house and put him in charge of all that he had. 5 From the time that he made him overseer in his house and over all that he had, the Lord blessed the Egyptian's house for Joseph's sake; the blessing of the Lord was on all that he had, in house and field. 6 So he left all that he had in Joseph's charge, and because of him he had no concern about anything but the food he ate.

-Pay attention to verse 2,3, and 5. He had favor and he received blessing.

-Now you guys may ask "How do i receive favor from the Lord?" Turn to proverbs for this wonderful answer!

Proverbs 3: 1-35

-It is quite long but so rich and full of goodness. I will quote a few good ones. But please read all 35 verses of chapter 3.

My son, do not forget my teaching,
but let your heart keep my commandments,
2 for length of days and years of life
and peace they will add to you.
3 Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you;
bind them around your neck;
write them on the tablet of your heart.
4 So you will find favor and good success[a]
in the sight of God and man.
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
7 Be not wise in your own eyes;
fear the Lord, and turn away from evil.
8 It will be healing to your flesh[b]
and refreshment[c] to your bones.
9 Honor the Lord with your wealth
and with the firstfruits of all your produce;
10 then your barns will be filled with plenty,
and your vats will be bursting with wine.
11 My son, do not despise the Lord's discipline
or be weary of his reproof,
12 for the Lord reproves him whom he loves,
as a father the son in whom he delights.

-So there you have it folks! Do not be wise in your own eyes. Fear the Lord and turn away from evil. Do no embrace evil whatsoever. The knowledge of evil and the curiosity of it led to the original sin o Adam and Eve. Dont discover evil, RUN FROM IT. Follow the lords commandments, that how you show you love him. When you love the lord with your heart and words and follow the commandments thats how you get his favor.

-The lord disciplines those who he loves. So if you are going through a hard time do not get mad at God. He is working something in you just like he did me when i was layed off from samsung for almost 5 months. Now i have an even better job at a hospital.

Thank you Jesus.
#2Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 2:24:48 PM
Bumperoozie
#3DarkContractorPosted 11/18/2012 4:03:16 PM
Amen!
---
GameFAQs Christianity General, your GF home for Bible studies, testimonies, and worship: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/400-current-events/64458924
#4Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 4:52:26 PM
This board needs to know gods favor. Please read this folks.
#5CuddleWithClawsPosted 11/19/2012 5:20:48 PM
Like the rest of the Bible,

TL;DR
---
There must be hope.
#6ElderMisanthropyPosted 11/19/2012 7:53:32 PM
I'm writing a screenplay about 263. It's called Proselytize This, starring Trippy_Hippie, LMS, and maybe an up-and-coming crusader?
---
Skirts and speeches are best kept short.
#7roduPosted 11/19/2012 7:54:55 PM
I'm writing a screenplay about Ragnarok
#8JonWood007Posted 11/19/2012 8:14:46 PM
^^Actually I don't think you need to go further than LMS. Rofl.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#9Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:39:36 PM
Well... if you call it proselytizing thats up to you. I just call it speaking the truth. Examine my words. What wrong or bad is in there besides goodness all around?

All i see is ad hominem attacks at the bible.

"bible talk on the religion board? pffffft. worthless. next!"
#10LinkFanaticPosted 11/19/2012 8:50:09 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
Well... if you call it proselytizing thats up to you. I just call it speaking the truth. Examine my words. What wrong or bad is in there besides goodness all around?

All i see is ad hominem attacks at the bible.

"bible talk on the religion board? pffffft. worthless. next!"

The point > your head.
---
SSJ Gotenks is santa clause, because he can fly around the planet in one night. - ShaolinAced