This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Selfish Gene and the God Delusion

#11Faust_8Posted 11/20/2012 3:23:08 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
i should write a book called the atheist delusion. About all the follys and made up fabrications that i come across in atheist arguments. Hmm i wonder how that would sell.

I'd look into it just to see if we're actually making follies.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#12anavriNPosted 11/20/2012 3:24:38 PM
I've read both The Selfish Gene and The Greatest Show on Earth and they are terrific books. Dawkins is a tremendously informative and witty writer when it comes down to science, not sure if this is the same with his attacks on religion (I haven't bothered reading those, I'm no fan of militant atheism).
---
§ 157. Der Gedanke an den Selbstmord ist ein starkes Trostmittel: mit ihm kommt man gut über manche böse Nacht hinweg.
#13AynRandySavagePosted 11/21/2012 9:21:07 AM
About all the follys and made up fabrications that i come across in atheist arguments.

Like what?
#14Marvel ManPosted 11/22/2012 10:29:08 AM
"I'm no fan of militant atheism"

Dude....this is Richard *****ing Dawkins, there is NOTHING militant about him.
---
My steel has been tainted by the blood of a weakling!
"Goku would win because Gohan is stronger."
#15anavriNPosted 11/22/2012 1:57:10 PM
Marvel Man posted...
"I'm no fan of militant atheism"

Dude....this is Richard *****ing Dawkins, there is NOTHING militant about him.

Is this sarcasm? Richard Dawkins pretty much invented militant atheism.

http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_dawkins_on_militant_atheism.html
---
§ 157. Der Gedanke an den Selbstmord ist ein starkes Trostmittel: mit ihm kommt man gut über manche böse Nacht hinweg.
#16CdrRoguePosted 11/22/2012 5:05:22 PM
Yeah, but he's nowhere close to being as rude or insulting as people make him out to be. Pretty polite guy to be honest.
#17Polish_CrusaderPosted 11/22/2012 6:07:50 PM
Lol, richard dawkins. The guy that advocates kidnapping kids that belong to christian parents and forcibly indoctrinating kids with evolutinist atheist propaganda. Yeah i would call dawkins a pretty militant guy.
#18Auron772Posted 11/22/2012 6:21:17 PM(edited)
Lol, richard dawkins. The guy that advocates kidnapping kids that belong to christian parents and forcibly indoctrinating kids with evolutinist atheist propaganda. Yeah i would call dawkins a pretty militant guy.

I would love to see the article or video in which Dawkins says it's okay to kidnap children. Also, if by indoctrinating children with evolutionist/atheist propaganda you mean teaching them science, then I don't see anything wrong here.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren
#19Marvel ManPosted 11/22/2012 8:50:13 PM
"http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_dawkins_on_militant_atheism.html"

Well..uh...um...he is soft spoken and one of the least intimidating people on the planet, ah **** it, I concede.
---
My steel has been tainted by the blood of a weakling!
"Goku would win because Gohan is stronger."
#20anavriNPosted 11/23/2012 6:15:04 AM
^^
Granted, he is quite the Sir for someone who openly calls for an attack on religion. Still, he's all about fighting with words instead of red-hot iron bars, so the confusion is understandable.
---