This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Eucharist Miracle - in a dropped communion heart tissue appeared

#11LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 2:39:07 PM
Read the transcript of events from a better source, it was kept in a safe, and this is not the first such miracle, but 133.
Christ comes to erase doubts.
The doubters look what can they day, Satan will deny this to death...
One doctor I spoke to said for a miracle to be true it has to happen on 10,000 people as this is how machines are tested. Later I asked where 10,000 came from...
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you
You will know them by their fruits says the Lord
#12ElderMisanthropyPosted 11/19/2012 2:40:08 PM
Through all this, it's important to remember that there is no possible way that the wafer was tampered with in any way whatsoever, and the only possible explanation is that the wafer was miraculously transmutated into bits of cardiac muscle belonging to a Jew who died 2,000 years ago. We know this because "two doctors" said it's cardiac muscle, according to church officials. And there's no conceivable way that anyone is either lying or has been fooled in this matter. Nope. This miracle is airtight.
---
You don't know true freedom until you've peed in a sink.
#13Lord_IchmaelPosted 11/19/2012 2:40:10 PM
"Miracles" like this should happen all the time if they really are miracles, not 1-5 times total. I'm concluding that this was a hoax/false alarm based off of all three links in this topic.
#14JonWood007Posted 11/19/2012 2:44:39 PM
LastManStanding posted...
Read the transcript of events from a better source, it was kept in a safe, and this is not the first such miracle, but 133.
Christ comes to erase doubts.
The doubters look what can they day, Satan will deny this to death...
One doctor I spoke to said for a miracle to be true it has to happen on 10,000 people as this is how machines are tested. Later I asked where 10,000 came from...

If Christ came to erase all doubts, then why isn't Christianity as a worldview in general completely airtight?

I like how you just repeated what you already said without addressing the fact that other doctors are skeptical due to bias/methodology. Listen, you can say that it turned into a heart muscle, that it was kept in a safe, but you cant prove it. People can lie to defend their supposed miracles.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#15Chaos ScadePosted 11/19/2012 2:45:22 PM
JonWood007 posted...
But let's say it was somehow true (since a lot of debunkers don't have strong arguments against this particular miracle admittedly and it seems to have gotten positive press coverage). What does that tell us? Does that suddenly make all of the evidence against your worldview go away?

Wait, how far does this actually go? Like say that it was proven to you that the Resurrection of Christ was more likely than not a genuine historical event that actually happened. Would you still say "YEAH, BUT WHAT ABOUT JEDP?"
---
Taste the fountain of immortality.
http://i43.tinypic.com/iqehc6.jpg
#16JonWood007Posted 11/19/2012 2:53:19 PM(edited)
Chaos Scade posted...
JonWood007 posted...
But let's say it was somehow true (since a lot of debunkers don't have strong arguments against this particular miracle admittedly and it seems to have gotten positive press coverage). What does that tell us? Does that suddenly make all of the evidence against your worldview go away?

Wait, how far does this actually go? Like say that it was proven to you that the Resurrection of Christ was more likely than not a genuine historical event that actually happened. Would you still say "YEAH, BUT WHAT ABOUT JEDP?"

If it were proved Christ rose from the dead, it doesn't logically follow that the other stuff were true either (without other evidence pointing at such at least). All it proves is that Christ rose from the dead. We can't logically attach any significance to the event. To do so is logically unsound.

As I said, with my own deconversion experience...it happened not because of one thing, but everything. Nothing made sense, nothing could be verified. It was a systematic failure. It one doctrine did not add up, I would still believe the rest were true. But as you begin chipping away at more and more doctrines, what do you have left to stand on?

It applies equally the other way. In order to show the christian worldview is correct, you need to show on many levels that naturalistic worldviews are inadequate. A single miracle is not proof of anything in the same way that one christian doctrine or being proven wrong or a faith crisis involving a single issue does not discredit the whole thing. You Christians do this all the time. When you don't believe in a literal genesis, you don't give up on the entire worldview. It works the same way the opposite way too.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#17LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 2:50:17 PM
Since I found out that I can have two communions per day, to consume the body and blood of Christ, I try to take advantage of that enormous grace. What a happiness the consume the Body of a Living God.
---
#18fudrickPosted 11/19/2012 3:11:43 PM
So, uh, why is this the first time this has happened?
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#19LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 3:21:39 PM
fudrick posted...

Not the first time, 133 miracle.
There has been a case when priest broke the bread blood flew out and he was drenched. Very faith deepening experience following those miracles
---
#20Lord_IchmaelPosted 11/19/2012 3:32:26 PM
LastManStanding posted...
fudrick posted...

Not the first time, 133 miracle.
There has been a case when priest broke the bread blood flew out and he was drenched. Very faith deepening experience following those miracles

Source? Or will you just tell us to "commit to something" again?