This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question for christians who accept evolutionary theory

#11Faust_8Posted 11/23/2012 11:01:57 PM
We still have loads and loads of transitional fossils though, which makes PC's "there aren't any!" dogma so funny and sad.

It's like saying we haven't found any other planets in the universe or something. It is so ignorant of current knowledge that it means they either NEVER looked into it, or willingly ignore it all so they can claim that none have been found from inside their bubble of stupid.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#12SirThinkALotPosted 11/23/2012 11:49:38 PM(edited)
Faust_8 posted...
We still have loads and loads of transitional fossils though, which makes PC's "there aren't any!" dogma so funny and sad.

It's like saying we haven't found any other planets in the universe or something. It is so ignorant of current knowledge that it means they either NEVER looked into it, or willingly ignore it all so they can claim that none have been found from inside their bubble of stupid.

True, but I was just pointing out that thers a good chance that there are a LOT more fossils that havent been found yet.

It'd be like complaining that we havent found other planets, while ignoring not only the planets we have, in fact discovered, but also the fact that there are aliens who are deliberately blocking our ability to detect planets...oh and they have a death star so occasionally a planet gets blown up before we can discover it.

Okay, thats not the best analogy. But I think you got my point.
---
Learn real history and economics at liberty Classroom
http://www.libertyclassroom.com/dap/a/?a=1305
#13OzymandiasIVPosted 11/24/2012 12:01:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14OzymandiasIVPosted 11/24/2012 12:02:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15OzymandiasIVPosted 11/24/2012 12:04:12 AM
Sorry for the triple post. I mentioned in the two now-deleted posts how much my brain hurt after reading Polish_Crusader's post, but then I read this:

From: Polish_Crusader | Posted: 11/23/2012 5:29:59 PM | #003
This is why i know evolution never existed because no scientist can find them. There is only ape corpses and human corpses.

(yes, I made two separate posts about the three sentences preceding these) Now I'm absolutely sure he's just trolling.
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
#16anavriN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 2:57:20 AM
I don't see how the speed of evolution is important when it comes to God & creation. I also don't see how evolution is any more cruel than the alternative. No matter what you believe, creatures die all the time and quite often from unjust causes.

Yes, but a literal reading of Genesis at least offered a solution to the Theodicee: you can blame humans for the imperfections in this world.
Believing that a god that is both benevolent and omnipotent would kick-start such a slow and cruel process as evolution really begs the question.
---
§ 157. Der Gedanke an den Selbstmord ist ein starkes Trostmittel: mit ihm kommt man gut über manche böse Nacht hinweg.
#17anavriN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 3:06:38 AM
The worst part about evolution is the lack of inbetween skeletons. Like on that diagram of the ape turning into the human. Dont you think we would have millions of half ape, half human corpses? This is why i know evolution never existed because no scientist can find them. There is only ape corpses and human corpses.

I'll ask you the same question I ask all those who use the 'missing link' argument: between which two species do you suppose we haven't found enough transitional fossils? We've already identified about a dozen of Homo species that lived in the last seven million years. In fact, when new fossils are discovered, there are even debates about which species it belongs to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution#Genus_Homo

As a final note, here's a tip: corpses don't last very long. I think the word you want to use is 'fossil', because only fossilized remains can last through the ages, and this happens to be a rare process, once again explaining why the Earth isn't littered with remains of deceased animals from the past.
---
§ 157. Der Gedanke an den Selbstmord ist ein starkes Trostmittel: mit ihm kommt man gut über manche böse Nacht hinweg.
#18xellos_pyPosted 11/24/2012 7:00:25 AM
The worst part about evolution is the lack of inbetween skeletons. Like on that diagram of the ape turning into the human. Dont you think we would have millions of half ape, half human corpses? This is why i know evolution never existed because no scientist can find them. There is only ape corpses and human corpses.

Oh god, I think this post gave me cancer.
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Xellos88
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z192/xellos_py/littlehero.jpg
#19SirThinkALotPosted 11/24/2012 7:13:38 AM
anavriN posted...
Yes, but a literal reading of Genesis at least offered a solution to the Theodicee: you can blame humans for the imperfections in this world.
Believing that a god that is both benevolent and omnipotent would kick-start such a slow and cruel process as evolution really begs the question.

Actually I dont think it solves the problem. At most it just pushes it back a step: Even if we accept A+Es sin caused the world to 'fall' from a perfect state, we can ask Why did God create A+E with the ability to sin in the first place?
---
Learn real history and economics at liberty Classroom
http://www.libertyclassroom.com/dap/a/?a=1305
#20darklaoPosted 11/24/2012 9:11:22 AM

lol Poe.
---
[agitprop]
come and play come and play forget about the movement