This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honest Opinion Poll - For Comparison's Sake

#1TheRealJiraiyaPosted 11/26/2012 9:26:54 AM
Have I helped you at some point in my 263 career? - Results (60 votes)
I am a believer. You have helped me.
15% (9 votes)
I am a believer. You have not helped me.
18.33% (11 votes)
I am a non-believer. You have helped me.
25% (15 votes)
I am a non-believer. You have not helped me.
20% (12 votes)
Dumb Nonsensical Option
21.67% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Want to make a point to LMS about the effectiveness of his approach, although this plan might backfire

I am aware that "helped me" is weirdly vague without parameters - interpret it however you interpreted it in LMS' poll. If you didnt know how to interpret that either, just consider it a rating of the value of my posts.. historically (havent posted as much lately)

For those who havent seen it, I am going to use this to make a point in this thread:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/263-religion/64732120

Plus, it never hurts to get feedback, so 2 birds 1 stone I suppose
---
"If a man does not know to what port he is sailing, no wind is favorable" -Seneca
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#2OzymandiasIVPosted 11/26/2012 10:06:46 AM
I voted that you have not helped me (also not a believer). Not because you're a terrible person like LMS, because you're certainly not, but because I haven't really seen any arguments or anything from you that I hadn't already seen many times before.
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
#3Faust_8Posted 11/26/2012 10:10:30 AM
Non-believer, haven't helped me. Not because you're stupid or insufferable or anything, just because you're just one of the many people here that haven't had an impact on me at all.

It would hard for me to pinpoint any one poster that has "helped me" anyway, it was kind of a years-long thing with lots and lots of opinions that changed me a bit. (Went from being something of an teenage angstheist to a non-theist/agnostic atheist/weak atheist.)
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...
#4fudrickPosted 11/26/2012 10:19:32 AM(edited)
I said that you've helped me. We haven't really had too much direct discussion but reading your posts has definitely taught me or led me to learn about less prevalent christian beliefs and non-stereotypical interpretations of the bible. You're also pretty good at helping to remind me that there actually are some christians out there that are... well, like you.

Of course, personally, I don't think that learning about christianity or the bible actually "helps" me in any way. I don't think that was really the point of the topic though, as it's pretty obvious that nonbelievers generally wouldn't perceive that learning about religions really makes a huge impact on the quality of their life, at least no more than any other hobby. I took it to mean something along the lines of, "have my posts been successful in what they set out to achieve?" I don't sense that you're constantly trying to convert nonbelievers like LMS, so I think your intentions are more to simply communicate your own beliefs and what you believe to be the correct interpretation of the bible and christianity, and how that affects your views on certain issues. And I think you've been successful at that, to me.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#5mrplainswalkerPosted 11/26/2012 11:17:18 AM
I responded that you have helped, more in the sense that I value the quality of your posts more than most around here.
---
Failure to at least give this show a chance gives anyone you see the right to punch you in the face.
- Spiritclaw on Battlestar Galactica
#6ThuggernautzPosted 11/26/2012 11:33:09 AM
You've helped me in the sense that you have solidified and promoted the fact that religious people can be reasonable, respectful and good people. Sometimes, especially when surrounded by fundamentalists, it can be hard to find. So, thanks for that!
#7Burning_WolfXPosted 11/26/2012 12:15:51 PM
Ehh, I seem to remember you having some good insights that I appreciated some months or years ago. I'd say you were insightful. You haven't had a ground-shaking, game-changing influence on me by any means, but you're far from being super-unhelpful and annoying.
---
Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it. But Im afraid He'd ask me the same thing.
#8Moorish_IdolPosted 11/26/2012 3:52:34 PM(edited)
I don't get why so many people haven't put LMS on ignore yet. Either he is disrespectful and annoying, or he is a parody account. Either way, the ignore feature fixes him nice and quick.

Also to answer the topic, I didn't vote because you haven't necessarily helped me, but you haven't not helped me either.

---
Ezekiel 23:20
#9SilviiroPosted 11/26/2012 4:18:20 PM
I voted for the dumb nonsensical option because the question is too vague. I didn't vote in LMS' poll because he didn't have that option.
---
"I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind." -- Ecclesiastes 1:14
#10LinkFanaticPosted 11/26/2012 5:04:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]