This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

True Story: I don't understand an eternal hell.

#1AynRandySavagePosted 12/4/2012 9:26:20 PM
First off, Jesus Christ died for our sins so we can have eternal life.

So why on earth would hell be eternal torment? That would be eternal life, but in fire! A torture chamber. I can't wish that on athiests or unbelievers, nor do I feel people should be scared into loving God, who doesn't want you to live in fear.

I understand it's to be taken literally too. One of the parables clearly show that once a person is in torment they will be confused and want to get out, but can't.

Sin is a debt is to be paid, as said in the Lord's prayer, how could you pay forever for a limited time to sin?

Thoughts?
#2AynRandySavage(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 9:27:19 PM
There's nothing I hate more than seeing a conversation stifled because somebody's uncomfortable with how it's turned out.
#3SirThinkALotPosted 12/4/2012 10:02:10 PM
AynRandySavage posted...
I understand it's to be taken literally too. One of the parables clearly show that once a person is in torment they will be confused and want to get out, but can't.

Do you know what 'parable' means? Other(non-parable) verses in the Bible clearly state that death is the punishment for sins.
---
Learn real history and economics at liberty Classroom
http://www.libertyclassroom.com/dap/a/?a=1305
#4JonWood007Posted 12/4/2012 10:35:41 PM
Why have a parable if it aint real? Also, what happened to the other topic?
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#5LastManStandingPosted 12/4/2012 11:03:19 PM
AynRandySavage posted...

So why on earth would hell be eternal torment? That would be eternal life, but in fire! A torture chamber. I can't wish that on athiests or unbelievers, nor do I feel people should be scared into loving God, who doesn't want you to live in fear.

Sin is a debt is to be paid, as said in the Lord's prayer, how could you pay forever for a limited time to sin?

Thoughts?

Christ died for your sins, but you have to accept that and believe in it. If you reject it you literally GO to HELL yourself out of self condemned
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you
You will know them by their fruits says the Lord
#6TheRealJiraiyaPosted 12/4/2012 11:06:13 PM
LastManStanding posted...
AynRandySavage posted...

Thoughts?

Christ died for your sins, but you have to accept that and believe in it. If you reject it you literally GO to HELL yourself out of self condemned

You dont understand how other people think, and it is why you wont be successful.
---
"If a man does not know to what port he is sailing, no wind is favorable" -Seneca
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#7LastManStandingPosted 12/4/2012 11:09:32 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...
AynRandySavage posted...

Thoughts?

You dont understand how other people think, and it is why you wont be successful.

Self condemnation is one of the most dangerous conditions, it is a loss of hope.
---
#8TheRealJiraiyaPosted 12/4/2012 11:10:40 PM
Self condemnation is one of the most dangerous conditions, it is a loss of hope.

60% of the world is lactose intolerant

Are we just talking at each other in unrelated sentences?
---
"If a man does not know to what port he is sailing, no wind is favorable" -Seneca
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#9LastManStandingPosted 12/4/2012 11:22:55 PM
TheRealJiraiya posted...

60% of the world is lactose intolerant

Are we just talking at each other in unrelated sentences?

I was reading one of the books and it said, never ever ever ever ever EVER lose hope. Something like that. Three key virtues are: love, hope, and faith
---
#10Chaos ScadePosted 12/4/2012 11:43:50 PM
aren't you an atheist?
---
Taste the fountain of immortality.
http://i43.tinypic.com/iqehc6.jpg