This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What I don't get about Judeo-Christian belief is why God turned up but then left

#1UnfairRepresentPosted 12/6/2012 8:12:39 PM
We're supposed to take everything on faith and despite there being literally zero observable or scientific evidence for him, assume he exists. He just chooses not to intervene or make himself known because he needs faith. we need free will whatever yadda yadda.

Yet the reasoning for him existing in the first place and the basis for everything we know about him. Is him intervening and getting involved in the world thousands of years ago.

What changed? What was the point in making himself known repeatedly without care including sending his own son down so we could make a correct belief that he wants us to follow... If then he decides he shouldn't and can't make himself known?

What kind of ***** deal is that?
---
^ Hey now that's completely unfair!
http://i.imgur.com/6kfGg.jpg
#2Lord_IchmaelPosted 12/6/2012 8:14:08 PM
It's because 2000 years ago people could make all kinds of claims and not be immediately disproved if they were absurd.
#3SirThinkALotPosted 12/6/2012 8:24:05 PM
Really if you actually follow the timelines in the Bible, God's direct interference isnt that common. ANd ususally centered around 'major' events.
---
Learn real history and economics at liberty Classroom
http://www.libertyclassroom.com/dap/a/?a=1305
#4LastManStandingPosted 12/6/2012 8:31:21 PM
Read the Book Jesus Lives Today, and you will learn so much, my atheist friend is reading it and likes it.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you
You will know them by their fruits says the Lord
#5UnfairRepresent(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 8:32:15 PM
SirThinkALot posted...
Really if you actually follow the timelines in the Bible, God's direct interference isnt that common. ANd ususally centered around 'major' events.

Doesn't matter. It wouldn't matter if only happened twice.

But from things like the Garden of Eden to Jesus to the Burning Bush to Job alone seal the deal on my confusion
---
#6SirThinkALotPosted 12/6/2012 8:35:21 PM
UnfairRepresent posted...
SirThinkALot posted...

But from things like the Garden of Eden to Jesus to the Burning Bush to Job alone seal the deal on my confusion

If he has given us reason to know that he has appeared before, then why does he need to now?
---
Learn real history and economics at liberty Classroom
http://www.libertyclassroom.com/dap/a/?a=1305
#7SuibomPosted 12/6/2012 8:49:59 PM(edited)
SirThinkALot posted...
SirThinkALot posted...

If he has given us reason to know that he has appeared before, then why does he need to now?

So that in 2000 years, God-tarrying, the TC's descendants can come on some inter-dimensional website and complain "No fair! They got to see God back in 2012..."
---
"Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body." Hebrews 13:3 ESV
#8LinkFanaticPosted 12/6/2012 8:42:26 PM
SirThinkALot posted...
SirThinkALot posted...

Because a refresher course would be nice every now and then?
---
SSJ Gotenks is santa clause, because he can fly around the planet in one night. - ShaolinAced
#9UnfairRepresent(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 8:47:46 PM
SirThinkALot posted...
SirThinkALot posted...

Well several reasons.

For one: He hasn't. He's allegedly given people thousands of years ago.

For another: If he is willing to appear at all, why is he unwilling to appear now? Why does it have to be taken on faith now? When before, evidence and appearances was well and good?
---
#10OrangeWizardPosted 12/6/2012 9:03:32 PM
We're supposed to take everything on faith

Faith is based on evidence. That evidence is the bible.

What changed?

He gave us all we needed.
---
Hi, I'm Larry the shivering chipmunk
Brr, I'm cold, I need a sweater.