This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just wanted to get this thought out there...

#11LastManStandingPosted 12/7/2012 11:20:28 AM
lasthero posted...
LastManStanding posted...
For God there is no time and space and He can be in billion places at once. Some saints like Father Pio, was in different places at once.

That has nothing to do with this topic.

There is nothing impossible for God
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you
You will know them by their fruits says the Lord
#12TheRealJiraiyaPosted 12/7/2012 11:21:09 AM
lasthero posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Yeah I kind of feel like when an omniscient/omnipotent being sits down to design an afterlife that will keep the people it created happy, he thinks it through a bit and arrives at a conclusion that works

I don't want to be that guy, you know, but I have to ask - what exactly do you base this on? As far as I know - correct me if I'm wrong - the Bible says that in Heaven, we'll be in the presence of God. Worshiping him. It doesn't say that you're going to be entertained, or that the prerogative of God is to see that you find eternity to be a fun experience.

Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

I dont think the New Earth will be EASY, but I think it will be what Earth would be without sin, which is void of a lot of the pains we suffer from.
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#13C_MatPosted 12/7/2012 11:22:18 AM
kozlo100 posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Just respond to him in kind.

Or don't. Not every post needs a response.

And you should all just put him on ignore like I did.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#14LastManStandingPosted 12/7/2012 11:42:57 AM
Anything you can imagine, absolutely anything can be done by God. Also remember how limited your imagination is, so this should tell you something. We are so blessed for our Creator is so loving.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you
You will know them by their fruits says the Lord
#15sumostickfigurePosted 12/7/2012 11:47:10 AM
lasthero posted...
TheRealJiraiya posted...
Yeah I kind of feel like when an omniscient/omnipotent being sits down to design an afterlife that will keep the people it created happy, he thinks it through a bit and arrives at a conclusion that works

I don't want to be that guy, you know, but I have to ask - what exactly do you base this on? As far as I know - correct me if I'm wrong - the Bible says that in Heaven, we'll be in the presence of God. Worshiping him. It doesn't say that you're going to be entertained, or that the prerogative of God is to see that you find eternity to be a fun experience.

Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

I dont think the New Earth will be EASY, but I think it will be what Earth would be without sin, which is void of a lot of the pains we suffer from.

Lacking in pain and suffering isn't exactly the same thing as inducing happiness.
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
#16Hustle KongPosted 12/7/2012 11:48:21 AM
Anything you can imagine, absolutely anything can be done by God. Also remember how limited your imagination is, so this should tell you something. We are so blessed for our Creator is so loving.

Until and unless He can make you shut up, I will remain unimpressed.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#17Lord_IchmaelPosted 12/7/2012 12:01:28 PM
Yeah, you're just considering Heaven as what you WANT it to be, rather than what your own book says it is. That happens a lot with religion.

USS Spearfish, a Sargo-class submarine, was the only ship of the United States Navy to be named for the spearfish, any of several large, powerful, pelagic fishes of the genus Tetrapturus allied to the marlins and sailfishes.
#18chukie_suePosted 12/7/2012 12:08:06 PM
Psalm 16:11, Psalm 37:4, and 1 Corinthians 2:9 make Heaven sound pretty enjoyable.
---
"Christ is with those of humble mind, not with those who exalt themselves over his flock." -St. Clement of Rome.
#19chukie_suePosted 12/7/2012 12:08:06 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#20SuibomPosted 12/7/2012 12:52:34 PM
Hustle Kong posted...

Until and unless He can make you shut up, I will remain unimpressed.

WHERE....IS....THE....LIKE....BUTTON????
---
"Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body." Hebrews 13:3 ESV