This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much of the bible do you Christians here believe as fact?

#1synister666Posted 12/23/2012 6:25:51 PM
What is the depth of your beliefs in the bible? - Results (68 votes)
I take all of the bible stories literally and everything written actually happened.
17.65% (12 votes)
I believe most stories are fact but some are fiction.
17.65% (12 votes)
I believe some stories are fact but most are fiction.
7.35% (5 votes)
I only believe that the virgin birth and the resurrection of Jesus happened.
0% (0 votes)
I only believe that the resurrection of Jesus happened.
0% (0 votes)
I believe that certain people and events may have existed but none of the the stories involving anything supernatural.
38.24% (26 votes)
I believe everything in that book was false and simply stories.
19.12% (13 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Also if you only believe certain stories involving the supernatural such as the resurrection of Jesus but discount all others, why do you believe any of it at all?
---
PSN: AstralSerpent
#2SilviiroPosted 12/23/2012 6:27:12 PM
Where is "I believe it happened but some of it is non-literal."
---
"I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind." -- Ecclesiastes 1:14
#3synister666(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 6:34:29 PM
That would fall under the second to last choice.
---
#4SilviiroPosted 12/23/2012 6:42:13 PM
That would fall under the second to last choice.

Not at all. I believe in the resurrection, the miracles, etc.. but I believe that various things such as the Creation account were actually non-literal prophecies rather than history.
---
"I have seen everything that is done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a striving after wind." -- Ecclesiastes 1:14
#5synister666(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 6:43:32 PM
3rd choice then.
---
#6lastheroPosted 12/23/2012 6:44:54 PM
That sounds like the second option. It's not like a story can be 'half fact' - it's either fact or fiction. A fictional story based on an actual event is still a fictional story.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#7LastManStandingPosted 12/23/2012 6:47:37 PM
I believe 100% but none of the choices represents that sorry, the first choice does not represent that. As Elijah came in spirit as John the Baptist. Peace
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#8synister666(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 6:56:45 PM
LastManStanding posted...
I believe 100% but none of the choices represents that sorry, the first choice does not represent that. As Elijah came in spirit as John the Baptist. Peace

How do you believe100% of the bible but not really 100%? 100% is all of it. That would indicate the 1st choice. If you do not believe 100% of it you would choose the 2nd choice.

If you believe 100% of it how old do you believe the Earth is? Just wondering.
---
#9LastManStandingPosted 12/23/2012 7:14:30 PM
synister666 posted...

How do you believe100% of the bible but not really 100%? 100% is all of it. That would indicate the 1st choice. If you do not believe 100% of it you would choose the 2nd choice.

You don't get it. There are prophecies in the Bible, your poll does not reflect that. And your second choice has a blasphemy called fiction.
You should just have 100% option. For God there is no time and space.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#10synister666(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 7:33:31 PM
synister666 posted...

You don't get it. There are prophecies in the Bible, your poll does not reflect that. And your second choice has a blasphemy called fiction.
You should just have 100% option. For God there is no time and space.

I take all of the bible stories literally and everything written actually happened.

How do you fail to see this means 100%? And please explain these these prophecies and how they don't fit in with the first choice.
---