This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should Muslims allow archaeologists to excavate the Temple Mount?

#1countzanderPosted 12/28/2012 5:52:57 PM
Yes or no. - Results (30 votes)
Yes.
90% (27 votes)
No.
10% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
For anyone in the dark, the Temple Mount is currently the location of the Dome of the Rock. According to Islam, this is where Muhammad ascended into heaven, and consequently, it's the third most holy shrine in the religion, right after Mecca and Medina. However, according to Judaism, this is also where Solomon's temple was located...right underneath the shrine. Unfortunately, due to the site's holiness, no archaeological research is allowed.

Archaeological excavation would likely produce a wealth of new knowledge concerning Ancient Israel and may even reveal the legendary Ark of the Covenant, but excavation would egregiously upset Israel's neighbors. On the other hand, unless archaeological excavation is allowed, we will indefinitely remain in ignorance concerning what's buried beneath the shrine.
---
http://i.imgur.com/k1nGh.jpg
#2GBALoserPosted 12/28/2012 5:56:17 PM
I'm not sure Israel is that eager to do any excavation there either...
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#3SuibomPosted 12/28/2012 6:03:52 PM
Archeology > all

They're squatters anyways; occupying land that Scripturally belongs to Israel
---
"Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand." - Job 24:14
#4countzander(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2012 6:05:48 PM
GBALoser posted...

Only because they're afraid of being invaded. The discoveries could lend credibility to the Torah.
---
http://i.imgur.com/k1nGh.jpg
#5GBALoserPosted 12/28/2012 6:09:02 PM
countzander posted...
GBALoser posted...

Only because they're afraid of being invaded. The discoveries could lend credibility to the Torah.

Which is still questionable since Muslims at least nominally accept the Torah as God's Word to the Hebrews. Or at least from the Muslims I know.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#6bsballa09Posted 12/28/2012 6:22:50 PM
GBALoser posted...
countzander posted...
GBALoser posted...

Which is still questionable since Muslims at least nominally accept the Torah as God's Word to the Hebrews. Or at least from the Muslims I know.

Its more politics than religion.
---
if you don't want to acknowledge Xmas then just don't say anything, replacing it with Happy Holidays is not only insulting but disrespectful- lulzbro
#7GBALoserPosted 12/28/2012 6:25:49 PM

Of course, usually is.
---
#8bsballa09Posted 12/29/2012 12:42:35 PM
GBALoser posted...

Of course, usually is.

The Quran says that Jews will return back to Israel in the End Days, but its pretty much ignored for the most part because anything that gives validity to Jews, Israel and Jerusalem is considered a no-no.
---
if you don't want to acknowledge Xmas then just don't say anything, replacing it with Happy Holidays is not only insulting but disrespectful- lulzbro
#9GBALoserPosted 12/29/2012 2:29:47 PM
bsballa09 posted...
GBALoser posted...

Of course, usually is.

The Quran says that Jews will return back to Israel in the End Days, but its pretty much ignored for the most part because anything that gives validity to Jews, Israel and Jerusalem is considered a no-no.

Oh, yeah. I seem to have forgotten that part. Too many apocalypses to keep straight anymore.
---
#10JonWood007Posted 12/29/2012 6:09:13 PM
They're squatters anyways; occupying land that Scripturally belongs to Israel

Seriously? This attitude is why so much crap happens over there to begin with. Everyone thinks it's THEIR land because God says so.

But um...yeah....not gonna say we should let religion get in the way of some good science.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768