This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Someone once mentioned that Goliath would have had trouble standing

#51OrangeWizard(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 12:39:20 AM(edited)
Imperator420 posted...

None of what you said meant anything.

I'm sorry that you didn't get it.

If Goliath is fictional, the reason he doesn't have health problems in the story is that the author didn't know giants have health problems.

If Luke is fictional, the reason he has the force isn't because of midi-chlorians, or some bloodline relation to force-attuned people, it's because the writer is too dumb to know that the force doesn't exist.

See how that doesn't sound right?

Rule of discussing continuity #1: Look for internal answers before attributing stuff to stupidity, ignorance, or plot holes.
Yes, I know, one requires you to actually have a knowledge about the thing you're talking about, but if you lack that, why are you even trying to contribute to the conversation?

I mean, haven't you ever had discussions about continuity and plot? in fictional universes? How and Why there are multiple versions of Spider-Man? Or were you just that kill-joy who came in and said "Because the author wanted his own version", instead of discussing the multi-verse like a proper geek?

I can guess.

Oh look, you go on to talk about nerds and their Star Wars and Star Trek. Yep. You definitely have some unresolved issues with them.

Were you bullied by a nerd, or something? A geek steal the girl you fancied?
---
"Let's make this quick, I'm double-parked." - Two-face
#52Imperator420Posted 12/31/2012 12:48:15 AM
OrangeWizard posted...
Imperator420 posted...

None of what you said meant anything.

I'm sorry that you didn't get it.

If Goliath is fictional, the reason he doesn't have health problems in the story is that the author didn't know giants have health problems.

If Luke is fictional, the reason he has the force isn't because of midi-chlorians, or some bloodline relation to force-attuned people, it's because the writer is too dumb to know that the force doesn't exist.

See how that doesn't sound right?

Rule of discussing continuity #1: Look for internal answers before attributing stuff to stupidity, ignorance, or plot holes.
Yes, I know, one requires you to actually have a knowledge about the thing you're talking about, but if you lack that, why are you even trying to contribute to the conversation?

I mean, haven't you ever had discussions about continuity and plot? in fictional universes? How and Why there are multiple versions of Spider-Man? Or were you just that kill-joy who came in and said "Because the author wanted his own version", instead of discussing the multi-verse like a proper geek?

I can guess.

Oh look, you go on to talk about nerds and their Star Wars and Star Trek. Yep. You definitely have some unresolved issues with them.

Were you bullied by a nerd, or something? A geek steal the girl you fancied?

Ad hominem, ad hominem, ad hominem. I'm sure that you think the irony of your comment (since nerds are not generally known to be bullies or to steal other people's girlfriends) somehow justifies what you're doing on the basis of humor, But it's not particularly funny and has nothing do with what we're discussing. In addition it's highly unchristian.

No internal answer exists, because the author didn't know about the problems of gigantism and could not possibly have known. And the reason why there are multiple versions of Spider-Man is because each author wanted his own version. No geek attempts to claim otherwise; geek discussions are for fun. If you concede that your religion is false and that you just discuss questions that the authors of the Bible didn't think of for entertainment, I'll accept that that's your right. Because no Spider-Man geek seriously thinks that the convoluted explanations he comes up with are more accurate than "the guys just made a mistake."
---
I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast ... for it repenteth me that I have made them. - Genesis 7
#53Imperator420Posted 12/31/2012 12:50:56 AM
Also I think you're misunderstanding my point about assumptions.

Luke, ASSUMED to be real, can use the Force because he's a Jedi.

Luke, ASSUMED to be fictional (that is to say, WITHOUT suspending disbelief) can use the Force because George Lucas thought it'd be cool.
---
I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast ... for it repenteth me that I have made them. - Genesis 7
#54OrangeWizard(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 1:05:41 AM
Imperator420 posted...

Ad hominem, ad hominem, ad hominem.

>Calling valid arguments and rebuttals ad hominems so you don't have to deal with them

I'm sure that you think the irony of your comment (since nerds are not generally known to be bullies or to steal other people's girlfriends) somehow justifies what you're doing on the basis of humor, But it's not particularly funny and has nothing do with what we're discussing.

Well then I must have hit a nerve. The truth hurts, doesn't it?
Want to talk about it? Tell me about her.

No internal answer exists

Says the bible expert
*Predicts you'll tell me all about how your parents were Catholic, or how you went to a private Christian school*
---
"Let's make this quick, I'm double-parked." - Two-face