This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

By demand: How to Pray to God

#1LastManStandingPosted 1/4/2013 10:40:44 PM
Many people pray, but they pray poorly.
Prayer is a conversation with God, so let's pray the right way.
One of the formats that you can use is:
1. Make a sign of the Cross, in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
2. Tell God: God I know I am in your presence
3. Glorify God. When you glorify Jesus Christ the Son of God, God the Father sends down Holy Spirit on you.
4. Tell God how much you love Him.
5. Thanksgiving for all you received, and all that got taken away. Remember every single thing is a grace.
6. Petitions with offerings, your sacrifice connected with sacrifice of Christ on the Cross to God the Father. As many as many sacrifices you have. For example:
God the Father I offer you in sacrifice the time I was asleep, I want to connect my sacrifice with Death of Your Son Jesus Christ on the cross, and offer it for the health of my parents.
7. Regular petitions. You can say in the Name of Jesus Christ, God the Father please grant me peace in my heart. Or By the intercession of Mary Mother of God to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, please blessed Mother ask Your Son, for sunny day today. Or with the intercession of all the souls in heaven of the aborted babies please Almighty Father please grant the closing of abortion centers.
8. Be sorry for your sins. Surrender yourself to Divine Mercy.
9. Say Our Father, Hail Mary, and or any other former prayer or in your own words.
10. Make a sign of the cross, in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit

It takes some time, but you will see it is pure joy and good prayer format to address God.
Of course you can have litany, novenas (prayer that is said on 9 different days).
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#2LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 10:49:28 PM
Also throughout the day, if something goes bad, don't say Oh shoot, oh boy.
Better to do aspiration act, which a very short prayer consisting usually of one sentence.
Everything for Christ,
I love you Jesus, for Thy mercy,
God bless you, Most Holy Trinity, present in my beloved guardian angel and I thank you that you gave him to me.
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#3LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 10:51:17 PM
Right when you wake up, give God grace for the past night, and the fact that you are alive today. Ask God to guide you in His way, and may His will not yours be done.

Before going to bed, offer in love your breaths and heart beats to God to love Him and glorify Him, and thank Him for the past day.
---
#4LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 10:56:54 PM
You can also mix to the prayer format singing religious sons, singing in tongues, reading Holy Bible Chapters, reading psalms.
---
#5lastheroPosted 1/4/2013 11:15:08 PM
11 Now Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples.” 2 And he said to them, “When you pray, say:

“Father, hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come.
3 Give us each day our daily bread,
4 and forgive us our sins,
for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And lead us not into temptation.”

This wasn't enough - you had to factor in a ten-step program?
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#6LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 11:38:28 PM
lasthero posted...
11 Now Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples.” 2 And he said to them, “When you pray, say:

“Father, hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come.
3 Give us each day our daily bread,
4 and forgive us our sins,
for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And lead us not into temptation.”

This wasn't enough - you had to factor in a ten-step program?

You have a problem to glorify God, and tell Him you love Him?
---
#7LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 11:54:14 PM(edited)
If you have a chance you can pray in front of the Most Blessed Sacrament. This is the presence of Christ in physical form in the world. Most vulnerable Christ, more so than in Bethlehem and in Calvary, as it is a silent Christ.
Only in the Catholic Church is Jesus truly present in the Holy Eucharist. This is one of the great proofs that the Catholic Church is the one true Church. 133 Eucharist miracles during which Christ shows His presence, you cannot ignore that.

PRAYER: O sweetest Heart of Jesus, I implore that I may love Thee more and more. Jesus meek and humble of Heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

---
#8JonWood007Posted 1/5/2013 12:05:56 AM
Who demanded this topic?
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#9fudrickPosted 1/5/2013 12:31:23 AM
JonWood007 posted...
Who demanded this topic?

Yeah, calling bulls*** on that one.
---
Best FCs:
GH1: Decontrol | GH2: Jordan, Hangar 18 | GH80s: Because It's Midnite | GH3: One, Soothsayer | RB2: I Ain't Superstitious
#10OzymandiasIVPosted 1/5/2013 12:38:24 AM(edited)
From: LastManStanding | Posted: 1/5/2013 12:40:44 AM | #001
Many people pray, but they pray poorly.
Prayer is a conversation with God, so let's pray the right way.

An all-powerful and benevolent God would surely listen to any prayer, regardless of how the person prays. He could see into the mind and soul and heart of the person, look past any faults, and see their true intentions, be they noble or ignoble, see their true belief and reverence and personal quality and reasons for praying, etc.

3. Glorify God. When you glorify Jesus Christ the Son of God, God the Father sends down Holy Spirit on you.
4. Tell God how much you love Him.
5. Thanksgiving for all you received, and all that got taken away. Remember every single thing is a grace.
6. Petitions with offerings, your sacrifice connected with sacrifice of Christ on the Cross to God the Father. As many as many sacrifices you have. For example:
God the Father I offer you in sacrifice the time I was asleep, I want to connect my sacrifice with Death of Your Son Jesus Christ on the cross, and offer it for the health of my parents.
7. Regular petitions. You can say in the Name of Jesus Christ, God the Father please grant me peace in my heart. Or By the intercession of Mary Mother of God to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, please blessed Mother ask Your Son, for sunny day today. Or with the intercession of all the souls in heaven of the aborted babies please Almighty Father please grant the closing of abortion centers.

Why is your god so damn needy?
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.