This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Satan's temptations

#141LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 9:56:39 PM
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the malice and snares of the devil.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#142Lord_IchmaelPosted 1/14/2013 10:01:51 PM
Proudclad posted...
Greek mythology is easily invalidated once we realize that the context provides us with Mt. Olympus, which is a warrant for physical examination of that context. Xenu is also afforded a warrant for physical examination - so show us the aliens that resemble Xenu or any other aspects of Scientology.

You can't technically disprove either religion. LMS does little to back his own claims; even other Christians agree with that.

Iblis is the Islamic rendition of Satan, and ultimately that's part of the Judeo-Christian theme. In which case, you're not really demonstrating any rebuttal by mentioning Islam's rendition of the Judeo-Christian concept.

I was going more for the Muslim belief that Christians are going to Hell and thus victims of Iblis then for the conception of Iblis himself there.

Loki, while awesome, ultimately falls short given that Norse mythology was often used as association with mundane physical objects. For example, Thor was associated with lightning, oak trees, strength, fertility, etc. Never anything transcendent. More refined views on this mythology strive farther and farther away from a mythological representation of physical objects and rationalize Thor into something that resembles a general transcendence anyway, which would then make it pointless to contradict the general idea of God with a general idea of God.

Religion is used as an attempt to explain things we don't understand (by making guesses, if you ask me). The Norse did it for lightning and fertility, now Christians do it for the creation of the universe and living things.
#143Lord_IchmaelPosted 1/14/2013 10:02:32 PM(edited)
LastManStanding posted...
Lord_Ichmael posted...
Cool.

He will only be exposed if you are willing to repent, then you will realize that is not so simple. You will experience Satan's grip on you...

Cool.

Translation: I'm about done here.
#144ProudcladPosted 1/14/2013 10:06:18 PM
You can't technically disprove either religion. LMS does little to back his own claims; even other Christians agree with that.

I don't know LMS so I can't comment on him. But either way, you can disprove a religion if 1) there's a warrant for physical verification and 2) it can't reconcile modern science and philosophy

I was going more for the Muslim belief that Christians are going to Hell and thus victims of Iblis then for the conception of Iblis himself there.

In that case, it becomes a battle of which theology is more accurate. Only one of the two is ultimately accurate, given that they contradict one another on a few key issues.

Religion is used as an attempt to explain things we don't understand (by making guesses, if you ask me). The Norse did it for lightning and fertility, now Christians do it for the creation of the universe and living things.

And yet the vast majority of the Christian theology has nothing to do with explaining natural things, but rather reconciling a depraved humanity with a God who wishes to be a father figure to those who accept him. It's about a relationship. The Norse fell because of their insistence that their deities were responsible for various associations with mundane natural objects like oak trees. You won't find a similar argument against Christianity.
---
proudclad LAYING DOWN THE SMACK - Error1355
chaoscoalition.net
#145LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 10:11:16 PM
Growing faith is so great, harvesting the Word of God, to bear fruit in your heart:)
---
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#146ProudcladPosted 1/14/2013 10:11:46 PM
<_<

Is LMS a troll? I haven't really been following this board.
---
proudclad LAYING DOWN THE SMACK - Error1355
chaoscoalition.net
#147LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 10:15:06 PM
Proudclad posted...
<_<

ask the experts here. I am Catholic and share the Good News with the world. God gives love, world prefers bondage, to be chained and shackled bound by Satan because he gives them pleasure.
---
#148LastManStanding(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 11:42:13 PM
OK, I assume little is known about possessions of the devil, so let's explain, as I learned more today from an exorcist priest:
- many can enter you, have you heard of a Legion?
- they entered in hierarchy, from weakest on the beginning to the strongest at the end
- you can only get rid of them if you want to repent, and exorcist might be needed
- most people suffer from partial possessions, not complete possession

You go to sleep as an atheist, but do you know what sleeps or never sleeps inside you?
---
#149ravenomoarPosted 1/15/2013 6:51:22 AM
LastManStanding posted...
OK, I assume little is known about possessions of the devil, so let's explain, as I learned more today from an exorcist priest:
- many can enter you, have you heard of a Legion?
- they entered in hierarchy, from weakest on the beginning to the strongest at the end
- you can only get rid of them if you want to repent, and exorcist might be needed
- most people suffer from partial possessions, not complete possession

You go to sleep as an atheist, but do you know what sleeps or never sleeps inside you?

Your superstition is quite hilarious. You speak of these things as if they were fact. The truth is you have never seen or have any evidence to back it up. Exorcist priest.. I think you watch too many Hollywood movies.

Atheists have better morals than you. Do you own slaves ? Would you commit murder? Your bible allows it. I have better morals than that. All you religious people are the same cant even read your own bible literally.

Thought perhaps not in my lifetime but a world without religion is on the rise. Imagine a world where a people's are not divided by religion but united. A. World where living is its own reward. Fear is not used against the weak minded to scare them into doing what they don't want to. In this world science moves at an accelerated pace. Cures to cancer and hiv aids are found. Religion only trumps human progress. Those who do not learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them.
#150Cubbiesboy22Posted 1/15/2013 8:09:01 AM
Proudclad posted...
<_<

If he isn't he is doing a disservice to reasonable theists.