This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You wake-up one day to find that nobody remembers the religion you believe in

#1EmbraceChaosPosted 1/8/2013 10:59:01 PM
Philosophical question.

All historical evidence has disappeared and history has been twisted in a way to make events happen the same way without your religion. Your closest friends and family do not recall ever having been part or heard of specified religion. You are the only one who remembers it at all.

Do you forget your faith under this surreal circumstances or do you preach your faith even knowing that you may simply be put in asylum ward because people will perceive you as absolutely crazy?

What do you do? Answer honestly.

How far are you willing to go for your faith? Will you simply keep it to yourself?

This question obviously doesn't apply to Atheists and Agnostics.
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#2linkkhalid89Posted 1/8/2013 11:00:43 PM
I would probably assume I had a mental problem. If I woke up one day and I was the only person who remembered my religion, I would assume I was just ****ing crazy up to that point.
#3OrangeWizardPosted 1/8/2013 11:28:07 PM
I would probably assume I had a mental problem. If I woke up one day and I was the only person who remembered my religion, I would assume I was just ****ing crazy up to that point.

this
---
"Let's make this quick, I'm double-parked." - Two-face
#4MegamanWilyPosted 1/9/2013 4:15:27 AM
Does this apply to Atheism?
---
The person you are talking to is Permanently unconscious. Please hang up and try again.
#5Hustle KongPosted 1/9/2013 5:09:46 AM(edited)
Do you forget your faith under this surreal circumstances or do you preach your faith even knowing that you may simply be put in asylum ward because people will perceive you as absolutely crazy?

Typically you have to be seen as a danger to yourself or others to be committed. Merely believing in a religion no one has heard of will not result in that.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#6MJackMageePosted 1/9/2013 5:31:43 AM
I would probably maintain a quiet facade while cautiously verifying I was, in fact, the last remaining member of my religion. I would trust my family and friends to know if I was just nuts.
---
- TMG:11.23.2007 - MTG:11.11.2009 - LRG:03.16.2012 -
#7Hustle KongPosted 1/9/2013 5:38:39 AM
To answer the question, I've never been one to put much stock in that kind of thing. I would proceed as best I could with what I believe is right.
---
Shooting Game never die.
#8EmbraceChaos(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:31:25 AM
MegamanWily posted...

Someone didn't read the my first post.
---
"Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road - neither human, nor devil... All bends to my will."
#9Hustle KongPosted 1/9/2013 9:37:41 AM
EmbraceChaos posted...
MegamanWily posted...

It does, though. Atheism and agnosticism are not the same thing as irreligious. If you meant irreligious, you should say irreligious. This atheist answered your question. And many Christians who are agnostic may, too.
---
Shooting Game never die.
#10EmbraceChaos(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 9:46:41 AM
Hustle Kong posted...
EmbraceChaos posted...
MegamanWily posted...

It does, though. Atheism and agnosticism are not the same thing as irreligious. If you meant irreligious, you should say irreligious. This atheist answered your question. And many Christians who are agnostic may, too.

While I can certainly understand Agnostic Christians. Most Atheists generally seem to subscribe to atheism being synonymous with being irreligious. The only real loopholes to this are people such as Christian Atheists/Buddhist atheists and others such as that but most in that category only think those religious principles apply philosophically and not in the context that they come from the creator of the universe.

So, in the end, it would mean too little to an atheist to be an honest question for them. Most atheists aren't outspoken about their atheism in real life too. At best, a bunch of internet trolling.
---