This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A T-Rex bone: an atheists worst nightmare.

#1MatamoriPosted 1/10/2013 8:33:28 PM
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am/v5/n1/not-dry-bones

I strongly encourage you to read this, atheists and Christians. It will help Christians in witnessing to others.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#2Hustle KongPosted 1/10/2013 8:42:31 PM
http://vimeo.com/43751087

And that's a poor kind of witnessing, given the meaning of the word.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#3OrangeWizardPosted 1/10/2013 8:49:15 PM
Sorry, but I'm not a YEC.
---
"Let's make this quick, I'm double-parked." - Two-face
#4kirsybuuPosted 1/10/2013 9:06:45 PM
Link battle? Go, Old Earth Ministries!

http://www.oldearth.org/rebuttal/icr/news/icr_news_2009_5_12_hadrosaur.htm
---
"sabe que no puede resistir mis encantos sensuales." ~ Poolshark128
#5OzymandiasIVPosted 1/10/2013 9:14:04 PM
Scientific debates often can be rather dry, filled with unfamiliar terms and minute details difficult for the lay reader to follow. But over the last five years, a shocking discovery has taken center stage in an intense debate that even children can follow. Soft, unfossilized blood vessels and red blood cells have been discovered in dinosaur fossils! How could soft tissues survive after being buried in rock?

"Well, then, hot s***! God must have done it! I may not be a scientist and I don't understand these complicated words they make up to confuse us, but even I know this is impossible without God!"

Yeah, I'm guessing that's what this article's going to be.

...and that's pretty much what it was. It remains fairly non-committal until the end, where it says this all makes sense if YEC is true... despite all the things that don't make sense if it is.

I really don't get the mindset of these people. They don't know much about science, they know they don't, they readily admit that they don't. Scientists admit to not knowing stuff all the time, because that's pretty much what science has always done. And then these people who don't know science suddenly jump on the unsolved problems and say they have the perfect solution and pretend that no other answer is possible or worth looking into. That's what this is; it's quite thinly veiled bulls***.

And I don't understand people like TC. Does he really thinking any atheist will find this garbage persuasive? We made an awesome new discover that we don't understand yet, so Christianity or, more specifically in this case, YEC, must be true? Do they really think we're going to just go along with that? One thing might make sense if we apply to a completely senseless scenario in which very little else makes sense, so we should just go with that because it "proves" the existence of something we don't even believe in?
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
#6OrangeWizardPosted 1/10/2013 10:36:40 PM(edited)
"Well, then, hot s***! God must have done it! I may not be a scientist and I don't understand these complicated words they make up to confuse us, but even I know this is impossible without God!"

This is what I hear from certain atheists.

"Well, then. why did God do this? It sure sounds immoral. I may not be omniscient like God is, and I don't understand the big picture like God does, but even I know, with my limited perspective, that this would be something that God wouldn't do!"

Just making an observation.
---
"Let's make this quick, I'm double-parked." - Two-face
#7OzymandiasIVPosted 1/10/2013 11:27:07 PM
From: OrangeWizard | Posted: 1/11/2013 12:36:40 AM | #006
Just making an observation.

Then save that observation for a topic or a post where an atheist is actually saying something like that and don't bring it up where it isn't relevant.
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
#8C_MatPosted 1/10/2013 11:31:52 PM
OzymandiasIV posted...
I really don't get the mindset of these people. They don't know much about science, they know they don't, they readily admit that they don't. Scientists admit to not knowing stuff all the time, because that's pretty much what science has always done. And then these people who don't know science suddenly jump on the unsolved problems and say they have the perfect solution and pretend that no other answer is possible or worth looking into. That's what this is; it's quite thinly veiled bulls***.

And I don't understand people like TC. Does he really thinking any atheist will find this garbage persuasive? We made an awesome new discover that we don't understand yet, so Christianity or, more specifically in this case, YEC, must be true? Do they really think we're going to just go along with that? One thing might make sense if we apply to a completely senseless scenario in which very little else makes sense, so we should just go with that because it "proves" the existence of something we don't even believe in?

Nobody has said anything you're accusing them of. You're actually coming across as really insecure.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#9lastheroPosted 1/10/2013 11:31:58 PM
You think that's bad, OW? I've heard so much creatonist crap that I don't even need to look at the link. I know what it is. It's that stupid T-Rex bone they found with decaying material inside.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=blood-from-stone

To make a long story short, they found a bone with, if I remember correctly, decaying organic material inside. It had basically been preserved in a seal, not a common thing. But ever since they found it, creationists have been using it for some weird proof that dinosaurs didn't live millions of years ago. Because dinosaurs are the only animals that ever went extinct, because T-Rex was the only dinosaur, and because we've only found one T-Rex skeleton.

Morons.
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#10Faust_8Posted 1/10/2013 11:51:31 PM
Hint: if your source is answersingenesis, it's wrong.

It just ****ing is.

"But how can you say that?!"

In the same way that I can say that any info you get on feminism from Rush Limbaugh is wrong. You just know it is.

If you go to dumb people with an agenda for your info, you're going to get BS. It's that simple. They don't know what they're talking about and they have EVERY REASON to lie to you.

No, Matamori, this one fossil does not invalidate ALL OTHER FOSSILS.
---
The supernatural says that if you act a certain way you might avoid suffering. But reality says you came from the stars...