This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should Atheists Just Kill Themselves?

#11LastManStandingPosted 1/11/2013 11:33:45 AM
devilupsteve posted...
LastManStanding posted...
That is a very dangerous radio station, should be fined, for spreading garbage like that. God loves us all.

Newsflash! LMS has nothing intelligent to say.

Person to say that in radio station, that is Satanic. As tries to remove all hope from them in case of repentance down the line. Satan never gives up. He takes you away from God, so you do not believe He exists, then Satan wants you to kill yourself. Not a nice creature Satan is.
---
Divine Mercy - God Loves you as a sinner.
Christ Said: Before the Day of Justice, I am sending the Day of Mercy. (Diary 1588) Day of Mercy was declared in 2000
#12TheRealJiraiyaPosted 1/11/2013 11:36:48 AM
JonWood007 posted...
I don't deny that the christian perspective gives people a sense of hope, and a sense that life has meaning. I've heard stories of people saved by suicide because of finding religion. I don't deny these stories, but to claim that you absolutely NEED religion to not want to kill yourself is ridiculous.

I agree, but people tend to assume that what works for them and the way they think will work for others to a weird extent, and you hear this from a lot of atheists, too. Lack of empathy is a common human trait, unfortunately.

Sure, we atheists get rid of a lot of these assumptions we think about how the universe works. We dont believe there is a magic sky fairy that we can count on looking out for us.

-______________-

Well, no point in responding any further to someone who uses the words "magic sky fairy"
---
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. -Plato
http://tinyurl.com/JoinThisIRunIt
#13CapoMafiaPosted 1/11/2013 12:23:42 PM
LastManStanding posted...
Not a nice creature Satan is.

---
#swag #YOLO #onlygodcanjudgeme
#14SystemafunkPosted 1/11/2013 1:05:56 PM
Has LMS never read Ecclesiastes?
#15KNessJMPosted 1/11/2013 11:15:08 PM
I sometimes think about killing myself, but not because of anything to do with any deities.
---
Quote of the Week: "Awaken. Seek truth. Stumble. Begin again."
#16CthulhuPosted 1/12/2013 9:01:16 AM
Christians may be able to casually wave away suicide as against their religion, but if they're so sure of getting into heaven, why not take up rock climbing? Why not be stuntmen, cliff dive, bungee jump, or eat Fugu? If I thought I was getting into eternal paradise, I'd join the military and ask to be sent to the front lines, be a mafia snitch, volunteer to help scientists measure volcano temperatures, and test out new toys made in China. What's keeping them here?
#17AdmiralBisonPosted 1/16/2013 5:54:39 AM
Cthulhu posted...
Christians may be able to casually wave away suicide as against their religion, but if they're so sure of getting into heaven, why not take up rock climbing? Why not be stuntmen, cliff dive, bungee jump, or eat Fugu? If I thought I was getting into eternal paradise, I'd join the military and ask to be sent to the front lines, be a mafia snitch, volunteer to help scientists measure volcano temperatures, and test out new toys made in China. What's keeping them here?

To do JesusGod's will.
Whatever that is
---
If delusions and Illusions are an en-escapable part of our entire lives, why not just pick a positive one?
#18Saci_SilverlockPosted 1/16/2013 9:15:22 AM
Death is so final, whereas life is full of possibilities.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S5XM_DLHo0&feature=plcp