This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need a definition of faith that is precise.

#281cyclonekrusePosted 1/24/2013 10:37:43 AM
*yawn*

Your point might be more compelling if you didn't show less control than me. How many times have you not responded to me? 0?

But then I'm getting exactly what one should expect from a liar and a troll. Get back to me when you have something worthwhile to say to me, can quit your intellectual dishonesty, and can actually make an argument for yourself.

Now I'm sure you'll respond with several digs at me. Go ahead if it makes you feel better about yourself. You seem like you need the boost. But don't expect me to respond back.
---
Locke: "Why do you find it so hard to believe?" || Jack "Why do you find it so easy?!" ||
Locke: "It's never been easy!"
#282GegengegengegenPosted 1/24/2013 10:43:24 AM
And why do you make posts like the above that are nothing but insults if you're criticizing people for doing the same?
#283cyclonekrusePosted 1/24/2013 11:42:58 AM
Gegengegengegen posted...
And why do you make posts like the above that are nothing but insults if you're criticizing people for doing the same?

I'm not criticizing him for insulting me. That doesn't bother me at all. It is the blatant double standard that he sets for himself that is perplexing. He wants to have his cake and eat it too.
---
Locke: "Why do you find it so hard to believe?" || Jack "Why do you find it so easy?!" ||
#284ThuggernautzPosted 1/24/2013 11:46:33 AM
cyclonekruse posted...

I'm not criticizing him for insulting me. That doesn't bother me at all. It is the blatant double standard that he sets for himself that is perplexing. He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

Off topic, but I hate that saying. Of course you want to eat cake if you have it.
#285GegengegengegenPosted 1/24/2013 12:01:45 PM
cyclonekruse posted...

So you want him to admit that it's alright for you to devote your entire post to insulting him?
#286cyclonekrusePosted 1/24/2013 12:06:59 PM
Thuggernautz posted...
Off topic, but I hate that saying. Of course you want to eat cake if you have it.

That's not so true for me. Not a big fan of cake. More of an ice cream or pie guy. Unless it's angel food cake. I do love that stuff.

But I think there is a way to parse the sentence so it makes sense. If you eat your cake then you won't "have" any more cake. It will be gone.
---
#287cyclonekrusePosted 1/24/2013 12:22:11 PM
So you want him to admit that it's alright for you to devote your entire post to insulting him?

If I were to answer like him I would tell you that I didn't actually insult him there. I didn't actually call him a liar or a troll but said he acted like one would expect a liar and troll to act. I predicted he would take digs at me and gave him my blessing to do so if he felt the need to. The words may have been heavy with subtextual implications but they were not direct insults.

But a real response would be to say that he shouldn't expect any different treatment than he doles out himself. Whether that's "big" of me or not. Not that I like to admit it but he has succeeded in getting under my skin (though not for the reasons that he's speculated in the past). Which was his goal as he has admitted in the past. So I guess kudos to him for dragging me down.
---
#288lastheroPosted 1/24/2013 12:24:09 PM
cyclonekruse posted...
Thuggernautz posted...

That's not so true for me. Not a big fan of cake. More of an ice cream or pie guy. Unless it's angel food cake. I do love that stuff.

But I think there is a way to parse the sentence so it makes sense. If you eat your cake then you won't "have" any more cake. It will be gone.

But...what's the point of having cake if you won't eat it?
---
X-Men: First Class RPG - Welcoming all new players!
[http://s1.zetaboards.com/New_Mutants/index/]
#289GegengegengegenPosted 1/24/2013 12:30:27 PM
cyclonekruse posted...
But a real response would be to say that he shouldn't expect any different treatment than he doles out himself. Whether that's "big" of me or not. Not that I like to admit it but he has succeeded in getting under my skin (though not for the reasons that he's speculated in the past). Which was his goal as he has admitted in the past. So I guess kudos to him for dragging me down.

That's pretty depressing
#290cyclonekrusePosted 1/24/2013 12:38:44 PM
lasthero posted...
But...what's the point of having cake if you won't eat it?

Perhaps it is in reference to the feeling you get after eating the last piece of something delicious. When you had the piece you were happy because you could look forward to eating it. After you eat it you might be sad that there isn't any left.
---