This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need a definition of faith that is precise.

#61ProudcladPosted 1/14/2013 9:08:32 PM
Why are you a Christian?
---
proudclad LAYING DOWN THE SMACK - Error1355
chaoscoalition.net
#62OrangeWizardPosted 1/14/2013 9:10:01 PM
Why are you a Christian?

Off-topic
---
"Let's make this quick, I'm double-parked." - Two-face
#63ProudcladPosted 1/14/2013 9:10:44 PM
There is no topicality in this topic, is there? I would like to know why you're a Christian.
---
chaoscoalition.net
#64OrangeWizardPosted 1/14/2013 9:11:45 PM
There is no topicality in this topic, is there? I would like to know why you're a Christian.

Yes there is.
Ask it in another topic.
---
#65cyclonekrusePosted 1/14/2013 9:12:53 PM
Showing the switch between a positive claim to a negative one does not prove anything about who has the bigger burden.

It shows that there is no distinction aside from wording. Which is trivial.

Faith comes from God?
That's not what the bible says.

All things come from God. That's what the Bible says. 1 Chronicles 29:14.

Oh, so you admit you're an intellectually dishonest coward. Good.

I'm trying to keep focused actually. Making unnecessary claims just creates distraction.

You never claim anything, and that's what makes you an intellectually dishonest coward.

Is your definition compatible or incompatible?

I'm claiming that it doesn't matter. For me, at any rate. For you it's very important that my definition be incompatible. I have no burden whereas you do here. Not that I expect you to fulfill it.

Also, I've claimed many things. They're just weaker claims than you apparently want me to make.
---
Locke: "Why do you find it so hard to believe?" || Jack "Why do you find it so easy?!" ||
Locke: "It's never been easy!"
#66cyclonekrusePosted 1/14/2013 9:15:28 PM
Because you're an intellectually dishonest coward, we know.

I'd ask you to prove it, but you won't.

A source that we can't even see unless we have a subscription.
So we don't really know how badly this was skewed by the media.

Grasping for straws, I see.

Misinterpreting a dictionary is not proof of me misinterpreting a dictionary.

It is when I did nothing different than you.
---
Locke: "Why do you find it so hard to believe?" || Jack "Why do you find it so easy?!" ||
#67ProudcladPosted 1/14/2013 9:22:56 PM
I made you a topic, OrangeWizard.
---
chaoscoalition.net
#68OrangeWizardPosted 1/14/2013 9:23:35 PM
All things come from God. That's what the Bible says. 1 Chronicles 29:14.

So AIDS is from God.

That's nice.

I'm trying to keep focused actually. Making unnecessary claims just creates distraction.

Yeah right.

I'm claiming that it doesn't matter.

Yeah, it doesn't matter whether or not you're flying in the face of God with your bad definition.

And you're right, you have no burden to prove that your definition is correct or anything. No, none at all. It's all on me to disprove YOUR definition. Because that's how the burden of proof works, right? "It's all on the other guy".

Conclusion: Your definition is bad and you should feel bad. You think that faith is a thing that just appears in people's brains whenever God wills it, without ever even trying to prove your own definition. Nobody should take you seriously.
---
#69ProudcladPosted 1/14/2013 9:28:48 PM
@ cyclonekruse, please don't misquote 1 Chronicles 29:14. Refer to the entire passage, the entire book, and then the entire biblical compilation.
---
chaoscoalition.net
#70cyclonekrusePosted 1/14/2013 9:43:53 PM(edited)
So AIDS is from God.

That's nice.

So the Bible verse would suggest. "All things" includes AIDS. Unless there's more to it and that's an "incomplete" picture, of course.

Yeah right.

Hell, my lack of claims got you distracted.

Yeah, it doesn't matter whether or not you're flying in the face of God with your bad definition.

No, it doesn't matter because I wouldn't be "flying in the face of God" either way. As I said, there is nothing sinful with having multiple definitions for a word, one Biblical and one not.

And you're right, you have no burden to prove that your definition is correct or anything. No, none at all. It's all on me to disprove YOUR definition. Because that's how the burden of proof works, right? "It's all on the other guy".

I don't have a burden to prove my definition is "correct" because there's no such thing as a "correct" definition. I gave my definition and explained why I thought it made sense. You then made a bunch of claims that I did indeed ask you to back up. That's not reversing the burden of proof. That's trying to get you to substantiate your claims.

Conclusion: Your definition is bad and you should feel bad. You think that faith is a thing that just appears in people's brains whenever God wills it, without ever even trying to prove your own definition. Nobody should take you seriously.

Well, there are only two plausible ways you could come to that conclusion. Either you aren't bothering to comprehend what I'm saying or you're purposefully bastardizing my words. Neither reflects on you very well.

Maybe if you didn't mistakenly take my definition of "faith" as disparaging, you wouldn't have argued so vehemently about it and in such a poor manner.
---